Did you mean: 

Gear-up for the Windows Phone - Virtual Interview

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hello Community folks!

Hot on the heels of our Android Virtual Interview with our Device Team, we're going to host a similar Virtual Interview session on the 5th February from 12:30pm to 14:00pm (90mins) - this time round, it will be all about Windows Phone. We’ll have Martin Heap, Richard Biltcliffe, & Shaun Watt (same from our Android Virtual Interview) to answer your questions and share some insights around Windows Phone.

WP

Virtual Interview topics always generate a lot of interest over and above people asking questions - to make it easier for us and the team to collate and spot questions easily, we request to make your questions out in bold if you can please!

To ask a question you'll need to be a registered community member and be logged in. Here’s all you need to know --> http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/What-s-the-O2-community-and-how-to-get-started/td-p/426482

We look forward to hear your questions!

Thanks

Chris 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that Chris. Looking forward to it.
Message 2 of 22

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for that Chris. Looking forward to it.

I imagine questions can be left here right now in bold if you have any.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I certainly do.

Question: Are there any plans for a native My O2 app that doesn't just go to the wap site?

Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Question: When O2 released the Lumia 1020, they released a 64-GB variant exclusive to O2 (other networks only got a 32GB version).  Will O2 be releasing any other exclusive larger memory Windows Phone devices?

Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Question: As part of Microsoft's Developer program, Microsoft released an early version of Update 3 (formerly called GDR 3) that could be installed on WP8 devices. Since this release came from Microsoft and not O2, would this have invalidated the warranty if the device was originaly bought from O2?

Message 6 of 22

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Great questions Colonel_K! I look forward to getting together with the team on 5th February to answer these for you. And don't be shy - there's no limit to the questions you ask so if you have more, ask away 🙂

@perksie - Absolutely, yeah. If you've got any yourself, give us a shout too.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 7 of 22

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@chris_k the bold option for questions will not work for those on ios devices @toby is investigating with lithium
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Question: When software updates are released (for the Nokia Lumias), they are generally released around the world at the same time and pushed out by the local carriers, i.e. O2

You could see this with both Amber and Black being released around the world at the same time by many carriers in different countries.

Do O2 have any advanced knowledge of when these rollouts will occur?  If so, how much notice do they have and is there any way they could notify customers in advance of a release?

(Sorry for such a long question !).

Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds good hope we can get a date for better signals in st145jp
Message 10 of 22