Forum changes...

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
Hello Everyone,
As mentioned briefly in the past, we’re looking to upgrade our forum platform in the coming months. We’re making some huge investments to improve our forum and enhance the forum community. I’m happy to say that the project is progressing smoothly, we’re also taking into consideration the feedback many of you have been giving us like the recent spam issues.
I’m very excited about the facelift and anticipate a similar reaction from all of you. There’ll be lots of fun activities with the forum revamp but we’ll remain focused on the key element – ‘how to make our forum a better place to help each other with any query related to O2 products & services.’
I’ll share more information as soon as I get them, until that watch the space guys! slight_smile
Any feedback or suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks
Abs
Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
thanks abs
Any help you want from us to beta review the system just ask
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 77

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Looking forward to the improvements. grin
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
we’re also taking into consideration the feedback many of you have been giving us like the recent spam issues.

Lol, I think the spammers have heard and are making the most of the time they have left grin haven't seen spam this bad for weeks!
Message 4 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
Abs - I've a follow up message about the new forum, requesting some security info - can I just confirm with you that this is legit (it is not asking for full security info, just partial so not sufficient to be of use, but thought I'd best check on here first).
Message 5 of 77

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's now almost 3 months since a selected few of us received a PM from Abs telling us, amongst other things, that :

Last but not least, I want to mention another important thing to you guys. As informed very briefly in the past, we’re looking to upgrade our forum platform in the coming months.

And it's 2 months since Abs, in this thread, announced it to the general forum but other than having received an email inviting me to register my username for the new forum, which I deliberately haven't done yet, that's it.
Spamming continues and "strange" Profiles are still being accepted for registration, eg
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=170991
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=170892
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=170870
Exactly when will these improvements materialise ?
Message 7 of 77

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
rave
Some of us had an invite to preview last week as yet we have not seen it but it is on its way.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you don't have to wait as long as we have for the new forum grin
I guess that as my username hasn't been registered for the new forum, I'm no longer on the list of "recognised" members.....that's OK so long as I'm not now classified in with the spammers :mansurprised:
Message 9 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder how they chose who to invite to the preview. I didn't get one, but then I never seem to get invited to anything slight_smile
Message 10 of 77