Did you mean: 

Excited for the new Samsung Galaxy? :)

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

Rumour has it that Samsung will be releasing the next Galaxy soon... Are you looking forward to this one? Happy Dance 

News and tech sites are already speculating about what its features could be. Until we know about it in more detail from the Samsung Unpacked event, which takes place on 20th February, see below some of the impressive rumours we've seen so far about the Samsung Galaxy S10 range!

Let us know what other cool things you've read about it so far, and what you think of these potential features? slight_smile Is there anything specific you're really looking forward to?

Three versions and an in-screen fingerprint scanner

“…Samsung now appears to finally be ready to launch its hotly-anticipated in-screen fingerprint reader with the Galaxy S10 range.”

Source: T3

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-1_0 (1).jpg

A dual, triple or quad-lens rear camera

“the biggest (and most expensive) version of the Samsung Galaxy S10 would have a triple-lens camera.”

Source: Tech Radar

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-2_1.jpg 

A new design

“The cheapest could have a flat display”

“Samsung has teased the Galaxy S10 will have a markedly different design from its predecessors, and rumors suggest it'll come in the form of a bezel-free Infinity-O screen with a cutout in the panel for the front-facing camera.”

Source: Tom’s Guide

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-3_0.jpg 

New colour options

“…we could be looking at green, black… colour options for the Galaxy S10.”

Source: Tech Advisor

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-4_0.jpg 

Different cameras for difference models

“According to Ice Universe, the multiple camera systems will breakdown as such ~

Galaxy S10 Lite: one front-facing camera, two rear cameras

Galaxy S10: one front-facing camera, three rear cameras

Galaxy S10 Plus: two front-facing cameras, three rear cameras”

Source: T3

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-5_0.jpg 

Impressive specs

“RAM:

S10 Lite: 6GB RAM

S10: 6GB RAM

S10+: 6GB RAM

Source: InfoSurHoy

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-6_0.jpg

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo

Green and Black? So what about that beautiful purple in the picture?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 38

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Marjo I'll be looking at the S10+ as I'm due to upgrade in April. I'll be particularly interested to see if there's an increase in storage capacity up from 64gb which is what the S8+ has.

As I don't take lots of pictures, the 3 cameras won't be of interest. Also want to see if they keep the headphone jack as there are rumours they may go the Apple route and get rid of it. That would be a deal breaker for me, as I listen to a lot of music through my earpods.

Anyway, very excited to see what the latest Galaxy is like and have already signed up for details direct from Samsung the day of the launch. Can't wait 🤩

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 38

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Just rang customer service to check when I could upgrade, expecting to be told end April. Pleasantly surprised to learn I can upgrade today, without penalty. Fantastic just in time for the new Galaxy Bouncy

Message 6 of 38

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff Not sure yet what exact colours there will be... but I'd sure love purple too! grin In the additional links above (thank you @jonsie!) I saw some mentions of a couple of additional colours to the previous rumoured green and black. I though the "pearl variant" white colour sounded interesting. thinking We will see the confirmed colours after the launch event on the 20th Feb for sure. grin

@Glory1 That's very exciting and good timing for your upgrade too! Happy Dance Would the increased storage capacity be for your music, films and games if not for photos? slight_smile I've found that on my phone the photos take the most of the space as I use the camera a lot, almost every day. open_mouth

Message 7 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@Marjo I'll be looking at the S10+ as I'm due to upgrade in April. I'll be particularly interested to see if there's an increase in storage capacity up from 64gb which is what the S8+ has.

As I don't take lots of pictures, the 3 cameras won't be of interest. Also want to see if they keep the headphone jack as there are rumours they may go the Apple route and get rid of it. That would be a deal breaker for me, as I listen to a lot of music through my earpods.

Anyway, very excited to see what the latest Galaxy is like and have already signed up for details direct from Samsung the day of the launch. Can't wait 🤩

@Glory1

On the Techradar link given by @jonsie  it states it's 128GB. Also probable price £869. for the S10. (the S10 plus about £100 more)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 38

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

@Glory1

On the Techradar link given by @jonsie  it states it's 128GB. Also probable price £869. for the S10. (the S10 plus about £100 more)

Ah I saw the prices @Cleoriff but missed the storage capacity. 128gb is perfect.

Message 9 of 38

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@Cleoriff Not sure yet what exact colours there will be... but I'd sure love purple too! grin In the additional links above (thank you @jonsie!) I saw some mentions of a couple of additional colours to the previous rumoured green and black. I though the "pearl variant" white colour sounded interesting. thinking We will see the confirmed colours after the launch event on the 20th Feb for sure. grin

@Glory1 That's very exciting and good timing for your upgrade too! Happy Dance Would the increased storage capacity be for your music, films and games if not for photos? slight_smile I've found that on my phone the photos take the most of the space as I use the camera a lot, almost every day. open_mouth

Just for my games and music @Marjo, I don't download films, I stream them. Same with TV shows.  I can appreciate a lot of people have photos on their phone but as I say I don't take photos with my phone, so the cameras will be lost on me. Also pleased to see there will be a headphone jack, though there's still the rumour that will be lost at some point. I hope that rumour is wrong!

Message 10 of 38