Did you mean: 

Community Recap: May 2020

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone!

After a short break it's a pleasure to post the community recap for May 2020! Below you can find a small sample of the great conversations and announcements from last month. 

It's not too late to take part in any of the below conversations if you missed them earlier, and feel free to drop a note below on what topics were your favourites from May! 

Community Recap May 2020

📝 AMAZING CONTENT CREATED BY YOU

pgn took the time to write up a helpful guide on hints and tips with conference calling apps, which has been especially helpful now during the lockdown period!

Conference Calling Hints and Tips - Avoiding Call Charges

🆕 NEWS, UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS

Some of the announcements posted by the Community Team last month:

New Community Manager!

We are super happy to have a new member in the Community Team! Come say hi to @LukasB if you haven't already. wink

O2 gifting smartphones to most vulnerable

You're probably not a stranger to having your old smartphones gathering dust in your draws either. It would be lovely to hear what you think of this initiative from O2 and Hubbub? Smiley Happy

Friday feast: Save £10 on Uber Eats via Priority

Exciting new offer on Priority that made me instantly hungry - I'd still like to hear about your favourite take-outs!

New exciting device announcements:

We love to hear what you think of these devices so please do comment when you spot a new announcement, we appreciate your thoughts on them. Smiley Happy

💬 GENERAL AND OFF TOPIC

As always, several awesome discussions were started in the Off Topic, check them out if you haven't already! And thanks everyone for contributing. Smiley Happy

The Wednesday Laugh

@Bambino continues to get us through the mid-week slump with his regular Wednesday laugh topic! 

Vocabulary - how big is yours?

Fancy testing your vocabulary? Then jump in to @pgn's discussion to take the test and discuss words in general! 

Deaf Awareness Week 2020

Thanks to @O2Elaine for sharing that it was Deaf Awareness Week! 

International Nurses Day

Also a big thanks to @gmarkj for bringing awareness to International Nurses Day which is more important then ever during this difficult period. 

The Last Album I Bought Was...

Do you remember the last Album you bought? Come and share in some musical nostalgia in this thread by @Anonymous  

Video games nostalgia thread

@sheepdog's thread on retro video games is a real blast from the past! Jump in and let us know some of your favourite video games from your younger years. 

Also, don't forget Mi-Amigo's White Room Quiz is now taking place twice a week which means more quiz fun for everyone. It would be lovely to see more people take part too so if you're interested, please do jump in if you haven't already! thumbsup

It would be great to hear your favourite moments on the community from last month! Feel free to share below! cool

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

My best part of last month (and the previous two months) is the way we all came together as a team to deal with the unprecedented number of queries.

With Customer Service limitations we became O2's frontline.

Of course, within that, Off Topic for light hearted relief was so important to everyone..

So well done to each and every one of us. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

hey hey @Cleoriff the best part was me joy

you all are doing a great job lately - really proud kissing_closed_eyes

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@LukasB wrote:

hey hey @Cleoriff the best part was me joy

you all are doing a great job lately - really proud kissing_closed_eyes

Of course it was you @LukasB ..the fact you are here on a Sunday is mightily impressive. kissing_heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff what can I say - I just love you guys too much kissing

signature

Message 5 of 7

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @Martin-O2 and the White Room Quiz 

I agree with everything @Cleoriff said.

Those guys did an amazing job dealing with the questions and queries from O2 customers, who were, sometimes, angry and annoyed, but the members of the Community at the frontline have kept their cool and have offered help, advice and support.

And @LukasB , in a short time, seems to have fitted in and has become a part of  the madhouse Community.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

100% agree with your point about how the community came together to handle the unprecedented levels of questions over the past few months @Cleoriff and @Mi-Amigo! cool It was beyond impressive! 

@LukasB Joining and getting stuck in so quickly was also a major highlight for me too. yahoo

signature

Message 7 of 7