Did you mean: 

Community Recap: March 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's the start of another month and time for the community recap! We had a ton of great threads posted during March and we've picked a few of the highlights! 

Feel free to jump in on any of the conversations or let us know you're favourite thread in March below. winkcool

Community-related discussions and member news:

Community Spotlight: Mi-Amigo

We had another community spotlight in March, this time we spoke to Mi-Amigo! If you want to learn a bit more about him check out this thread! 

#O2Surprise

One of our members, Cleoriff was the lucky recipient of an #O2surprise! If you want to know what the surprise was take a look at the post. 

Access For You: Registration

O2 customers who want to register for Access For All can now do so through the community! 

Announcements:

MWC - The future with 5G

We had a man on the ground at this years Mobile World Congress and he's provided the community with the latest 5G news to come out of the event. 

Get discounts on your bill with Airtime Rewards

If you want to save money on your phone bill just by doing your shopping then this is the thread for you! Find out all you need to know about Airtime rewards. 

Apple Event - March 25, 2019

The recent Apple Special Event where the new Credit card, Game pass, TV content and Magazine were announced was covered on the community. 

Top reasons to update your software

Take a look at this great post that details the very important reasons you should keep your phones software up to date. 

New changes for the O2 website!

Find out the most recent changes to the O2 website and let us know what you think of the new look!

Here are the details on the latest product launches from O2!

General discussions:

Movies in March - 2019!

Join in with our monthly discussion about the latest movies to hit the cinema! 

Fruits & Veggies Word Search Puzzle

The most recent word search on the community was a popular as ever, this time on fruits and veggies. We have regular work searches so keep an eye out for the next one. 

Happy birthday www

The Internet was 30 years old in March! Drop in and say happy birthday. 

What's the worst car that you've ever owned ??

Let us know the absolute worst car you've ever driven in this fun off topic thread. 

Is your Smartphone listening to you?

With mobile devices becoming smarter by the day could big tech be spying on you for advertising purposes? 

O2 Priority board - gig discussions:

Vote for The O2!

The O2 has won the K Sponsorship Awards 2019 thanks to your votes! 

Music festivals: yay or nay?

What are your thoughts on music festivals? Endless fun or a muddy disappointment? Let us know your thoughts in this thread. 

Seize the moment with Spotify and O2

Let us know what you think out O2's latest partnership with Spotify. 

Music tastes: Nature vs Nurture

What is the reason you like the music you do? Join this fascinating discussion with your take on the subject. 

Reviews written by the community:

Iphone XR: A New Beginning

This fantastic in-depth review of the iPhone XR was written by community member lovemyphone! 

My Beautiful New S10+

On the other side of the smartphone market the brand new Galaxy S10 was brilliantly reviewed by Glory1! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 

I liked 

o2 Surprise for @Cleoriff  ( so nice to hear cleo's surprise comments too)

Top Reasons to update your software (good advice)

What's the worst car you have ever owned??  (this was great I loved this one)

Word Search Puzzles 

Got to say being part of the o2 Community is never dull!  Thanks everyone yahoo

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Just to mention that @jonsie  also received an #O2surprise.

What I liked about that, it showed they were 'personalised'. For instance , he was travelling to Germany and there were a few things to help him with the journey. So good on O2 (and our Admin staff) for picking up on that

I also loved the discussions Music Festivals, Music: Nature v Nurture.

On a personal note, I would like to thank @Mi-Amigo  for his Beatles quizzes. An amazing amount of work for him and great enjoyment for a lot of us. wink

Not forgetting @pgn  for the 'invention' of The Naughty Step joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

That was good @Cleoriff  for jonsie didn't know that Fantastic

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 12

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I missed out on reading the o2 surprise with jonsey and cleoriff
Message 5 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for sharing your favourite threads @TallTrees! I'm really pleased the word search puzzles have been so popular and we'll certainly be posting more. wink

Of course thanks for the reminder @Cleoriff  and apologies for missing you on that shout out @jonsie!

The naughty step really made my day joy I think it will be a permanent part of the community for the foreseeable future. 

That's what the recaps for @liggerz87  so you can catch up on anything you've missed. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 12

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Yep exactly I did read it and also didn't see jonsie getting the surprise either also I signed up to rewards and forgot about it haha got 21 pound the 3 pound bonus and then 18 pound coming
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

It seems appropriate now to thank admin and O2 again for the wonderful surprise I received, it was a shock but was very welcome indeed.

So, having said that, let's now recap on a great March but hope that the many problems with the community website are dealt with promptly by Lithium in April. They are detailed elsewhere so I won't list them here atm relieved

Message 8 of 12

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25130 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I`d like to say it was great to read that @jonsie and @Cleoriff had both, deservedly, received 02 surprise boxes.

The topics on music and festivals brought back many happy memories and was a great opportunity to share experiences with others.

I was flattered to have been chlosen to be the subject for the Community Spotlight and hope you know a little bit more about me.

I`d like to thank @Cleoriff for her kind comments about the Beatles` Challenges which I have set and run. These have been a true labour of love for me and I would like to thank all the members who took part in the last one - which was to find names of people in the lyrics of Beatles songs. Between them the seven members found a staggering 101 names - more than listed on a Beatles fan website, which goes to show the knowledge of the 02 Community members. The new Challenge is up and running and any member s welcome to come and take part.

I`d also like to thank @pgn for creating the Naughty Step as extension of Alice`s Tea Party - yes, folks these do exist on "off topic".

All in all, a great month for me in the Community and hope that all the members found something of interest.

I cannot end this post without thanking the great admin - @Martin-O2 ; @Marjo ; and @EmilieT - who do a brilliant job on this Community. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

I regret hat I may have recapped March elsewhere and stepped on a few toes....

Ah well, sometimes, when things aren't going too well,  you just don't care and want to share

Message 10 of 12