Did you mean: 

Community Recap: August 2021

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi everyone wave

It's September! And whilst we can't believe how fast this year is passing by, we always enjoy looking back at the previous month on the community and hope you do too, especially since we celebrated a month of summer celebrations on the O2 Community last month 😊

Below is just a small summary of all the great content we had over the past month of August. And as always it's not too late to take part, just leave a comment in the thread and let us know which of August topics was your personal favourite!

📝 AMAZING CONTENT CREATED BY YOU

The Games

🌴☀️Emoji Game☀️🌴

With our very own @LukasB being back from holiday, he didn't hesitate to create another one of his ever so favourite emoji games. This time's theme was band names and after a bit of guessing, you guys were able to find them all. But then again we didn't expect anything less from you...

White Room Quiz - Summer Edition - Mon 30 Aug 2021

Celebrating the end of our summer celebrations on the O2 Community with a special game by @Mi-Amigo is the only way go out with a bang. And with every question relating to something that happened on the 30th of August in the years, decades and centuries past, this surely wasn't an easy one. Missed it? Keep your eye out on the Off-Topic area for future games!

🍊[GAME] Summer Word Search Puzzle - FRUITS 🍊

Also part of our summer celebrations, was this month's Summer Word Search Puzzle with the theme of fruits! Not having heard of some of them before myself, this has been equally educational for me as it was fun to find the words for you (minus my little faux pas)!

The Laughs

10 Things I Love about SUMMER!

As probably the most perfect start to our summer celebrations on the O2 Community, @Anonymous collated a list of all the things he not loves, but hates about the summer. If you have seen GrumpyGit around the community, you know by now that this will definitely be worth a read and will probably account for more than one giggle 🤡

The Wednesday Laugh

One thing you can always count on is for @Bambino to share his Wednesday Laugh with us every - you guessed it - Wednesday. A good way to brighten up the midweek and worth looking out for in the Off-Topic section!

The Talents

Strictly 2021

Not quite sure if this should fall under laughs, talents or discussions, but with so many of you into watching celebs stumbling over their own feet (and some who actually can remember the steps), this thread by @sheepdog has been the one to watch. Strictly fan? Join the discussion! 🕺🕺🕺

Summer Gardening 2021

What's the summer without some bees happily humming around the flowers in a garden? Nothing. And even if you don't have a garden, this thread is worth a peek to take a look at how our resident garden expert @TallTrees created her very own oasis just out the backdoor. How many bees do you own again?

A Summer’s Day at Home with the Cat

To celebrate National Cat Day, cat lover @RunrigForever shared this beautiful piece of words to describe her perfect summer's day with her beautiful little cat. And if you don't have a cat, maybe you consider adopting one now, because that's literally what I am thinking about reading this 🐈

The Discussions

Songs for Summer

As part of our Summer on the O2 Community month, our resident quiz master @Mi-Amigo swayed away from asking us questions that make us then again question our general knowledge (and sometimes overall existence) to open a discussion about everyone's favourite summer songs. Hop over to the thread for some good tunes to wave August goodbye!

World Photography Day

One more of those threads that could easily be in the talents and/or events category but with the discussion going on ever since photography expert @Projectionist collated this amazing list of tips on how to improve your photography skills, we certainly think it's perfect right here. If you want to learn a thing or two, head over to the thread and maybe even share your own shots? 📸

The Events

Community Movie Night - Bride Wars

Maybe this shouldn't be here but maybe it should because even though only a couple of us joined this month's rom-com themed Movie Night (more like Lukas, myself and @sheepdog) I still had a right laugh and wouldn't have wanted to miss it! Ideas for next month's movie night theme? Let us know via PM!

It's National Thrift Shop Day!

Thrifting to save the world was the unofficial motto of the National Thrift Shop Day with all of you sharing your favourite finds, how and where you thrift and why thrifting is so important. Not a thrifter yet? Get some ideas over on the thread and join the fight against waste! 

🆕 NEWS, UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS 

What Is NEW?

Order your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 | Flip3 | Buds2 | Watch4 today

All of us (but especially @Chris_K) were extremely excited about the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 and Flip3. With our eyes glued to the screen during the unveiling, we couldn't wait for the official launch and are glad to see all of the devices now available on O2!

Welcome to our new look community!

After two years on the previous layout, we have finally had a bit of a redesign and were excited to be back with a completely new look for the O2 Community with a ton of new features that you have probably already stumbled across. And after having launched the new design at the beginning of the month, we are happy to notice a lot more customers joining the conversation on the O2 Community!

The new Sony Xperia 1 III 5G has launched

If you are more of Sony than Samsung fan such as our @viridis , then this is something you have probably been waiting for. Highly anticipated and packed with features that make us feel like we are in the next century, then Sony Experia 1 III sure has got our attention. 

Skyfarer - Drone partnership

Most of you have probably heard of the Amazon drones but have you heard of medical drones? Last month we announced a partnership with Skyfarer to combine their drone technology with O2’s 4G & 5G network for medical transport across the UK. Read more about it over on the thread! 

The threads above are just a small selection of the great content posted by all of you last month. So don't be shy - Let us know your highlights from June below! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone who giggles, laughs or guffaws at the thread will be dismissed from my Christmas card list.

Great round up tho!

Message 2 of 7

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone who giggles, laughs or guffaws at the thread will be dismissed from my Christmas card list.

Great round up tho!

I will hold my breath then @Anonymous 😅

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@TheresaV 

A really excellent round up of all of August activities. Many thanks to everyone who posted something in relation to Summer In The Community. Some were funny and made us laugh, others were informative and interesting to read. Loved all the quizzes and of course thanks to everyone who worked hard to put them together. (I also struggled with a few of the fruits @TheresaV )

Re Strictly Come Dancing, we have only announced the so called celebs who will be taking part. The show doesn't start until later this month. 😂

The new look community still needs some problems sorting out but really pleased to see it has encouraged more members to join. slight_smile

If I had to choose a highlight, it would be the 'Summer In The Community' activities and posts.

Really enjoyable and well done everyone. kissing_heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 5 of 7

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TheresaV for the August Community Recap and the mention of the White Room Quiz, which was fun to research and run and I`m pleased so many took part and enjoyed the quiz.

I enjoyed the various topics in the Summer In The Community. There was something for everyone, with some interesting facts, things which made us laugh, and things for us to consider trying.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35932 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Autumn already and it's going to be a loooong winter!

Ah, the problem in this part of the world is: the Winters are generally better than the Summers (and that's not a reference to anyone with a pampas grass clump in their front garden...😲🤣).

Message 7 of 7