cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask the Director: How can we make your life even better connected?

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

Ever wonder if you could ask a question or forward an idea directly to a person who is involved in making top decisions for our company? Well, here's that wonderful opportunity for you!

On Tuesday, we’re conducting our first ever Virtual Interview event on the O2 Community that will be hosted by our Sales & Service director. He will be responding to your questions and taking any feedback/ suggestion on this thread between 16:00 – 17:30. So, get your thinking caps on!

How can we make your life even better connected: what are the products, services and experiences we can either improve or introduce?

NOTE: The thread is now closed and we'd like to thank everyone for posting their questions and feedback.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions today. I live in a location that does have some o2 coverage. However my flat is at the back of a converted house and I am lucky if I can get one bar of coverage. I therefore have 2 contracts one with o2 and one with Vodafone as they offer a Sure Signal. It costs me a lot more each month to have 2 contracts but I want to stay with o2 and don't see an alternative.

I know that for well over 6 months you have been trialing the a similar product with the o2 Boost Box. So to cut a long story short do you have any updates on when it will be available? If it isn't is there anyway you can add me to the trial. I have tried to get added but to know avail. It would make me life so much easier if I could make and recieve calls in my home. There are blackspots on all networks and the suresignal is a godsend and I am sure the Boost Box will be too for thousands of people like me. I don't want 2 contracts and numbers just to get coverage at home! Many thanks for reading and taking the time.

Rob 

MOD EDIT: Personal Information Removed

Message 2 of 61

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

1 Improved 3g in rural areas

2 Increased minimum data allowance (1GB) especially on business contracts

3 Increased o2 LLU in rural exchanges

4 Introduce a lifetime emergency payg sim that has no requirements for minimum topup or the need to make a call every 6 months to keep the sim active.

5 Include 0800 0500 numbers as part of your mins allowance

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unlimited data.

I have been a loyal o2 customer for years but have been forced to switch to a network with unlimited data. The number port happens tomorrow.

Smartphones eat through an incredible amount of data if you're using them to their full potential. I really struggled to keep under 1GB a month. Unlimited data is essential
Message 4 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update us with the position on the upgrade of the network ( promised some months ago) and more important the current progress in fibre optic broadband.

Message 5 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
In short? better coverage.

My parents live in the Hull commuter belt in a decent sized village. Over half the village according to your coverage map only has decent signal outside, and a considerable bit has no coverage worthy of the name.
Message 6 of 61

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I would like to see a concerted effort to improve the stability of the O2 main web site.

It always seems to suffer broken links, out of date pages etc.

The help pages are very sparse with limited information in many areas.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to ask:
Why do you (and other carriers) insist on shipping phones with pre-installed applications?

Not only does this hinder the roll out of OS updates due to the extra testing, but you do not even allow them to be uninstalled, so I am forever plagued by update notifications from apps I have absolutely no interest in using.

It seems to me that if carriers would like a better customer satisfaction rate, providing timely updates would be a great way to start, especially when critical (eg. security) updates are delayed by months. Android is an OS designed to be controlled by the end user, not by the carrier.

Also, you need a better boot image for high res devices. Those bubbles look pants on an HTC One X. How about...hmm... stock Android?

TL;DR: Stop installing apps I don't want on my phone's limited space without giving me the option to uninstall it.
Message 8 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any chance to make this happen?

1) Single billing for multiple devices. I have 2 iPhones, iPad and Mobile Broadband each with a separate direct debit to my bank account. Surely it must be possible to have just one account for all products and services?

2) I would like the ability to remove image compression entirely from all products with data allowance. The iPad in particular suffers most from browsing a distorted web.
Message 9 of 61

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

An excellent suggestion for a new tariff here:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Talk-to-the-O2-Social-Media-Team/Sugestion-for-a-new-tariff-on-payg/td-...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 61