Did you mean: 

Additional Line Discounts

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys,

We wanted to share some fantastic news with you all today. If you’re already with O2 and looking to get a tablet through us or sign up for an additional line for you or your family, we’ll reward your loyalty with a fantastic 20% monthly discount it. Better yet, you can benefit from up to 20 of these discounts – just in case your family is large enough to occupy a small village. If you’re not with O2 but you’re shopping around for new connections for your family you could be in for a massive saving by switching to us thanks to these additional line discounts.

So, how does it work?

If you have a pay monthly contract with us, you can sign up for an additional line with us (tablet for yourself or another phone for one of the family perhaps) for an O2 Refresh or 12-month SIM Only contract and then text LOYALTY to 21500 within 28 days of signing up. We’ll get back to you asking for some additional info and once applied, you’ll see the discount on your next monthly bill.

Feel free to visit our online shop and choose a brand new phone, tablet, or mobile broadband device on O2 Refresh, or a 12 month SIM only tariff.

Full details and T&C’s can be found here: http://www.o2.co.uk/additional-line

Any questions please ask! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Does this apply to upgrades too?
IE if a customer already has 2 refresh contracts, can the discount be applied when they are upgraded?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 60

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
If the customer already has a current pay monthly contract, why can't the discount be applied on signing up for the new additional contract ?
Why introduce another element of having to text a code ?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 60

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I've asked the team for clarification on both your questions. I'll give you an @ mention once I have a response. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 60

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys I've had a response to your questions. 

@MI5 The line discounts will apply to upgrades as well. For example, if you have two contracts and one is due an upgrade, upgrade it as normal and follow the process to have the discount applied. 

@Beenherebefore We’ll make sure any customer taking an additional line with us are aware of their eligibility for the discount and we’re exploring ways to make the process of getting this discount even smoother in the future. 

signature

Message 5 of 60

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Martin-O2 wrote:

@Beenherebefore We’ll make sure any customer taking an additional line with us are aware of their eligibility for the discount and we’re exploring ways to make the process of getting this discount even smoother in the future. 

I can't think of anything more smooth than applying the discount from the start automatically without having to text a code to O2 Confused

What are the benefits of introducing this requirement to text a code ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 60

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
In case someone forgets to apply within the time period.

Sorry, I'll take off my cynics hat now...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 60

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thanks Martin, that's good news slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 60

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
We all know the problems of receiving text codes when you only have data accounts such as tablets. Can the codes not be emailed to the registered address?
Message 9 of 60

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'll pass on the feedback regarding the codes to the team guys slight_smile

signature

Message 10 of 60