Did you mean: 

Volt benefits

ZW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, 

I've been trying for over a month to load my volt benefits with both Virgin and yourselves but it doesn't seem to be working

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36550 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

All the ways this can stumble here, @ZW h Volt Megaguide 

Contact O2 via Social Media at the link below to get help if guide is not showing your issue. Good luck @ZW.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
  • 36550 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

All the ways this can stumble here, @ZW h Volt Megaguide 

Contact O2 via Social Media at the link below to get help if guide is not showing your issue. Good luck @ZW.

Message 2 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12148 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Hi @ZW 

Welcome to the o2 community. Most people here are customers like yourself, so we can only offer advice or suggestions.

Does the address on both accounts match correctly?

Have you requested getting Volt on both?

All other advice is in the guide Volt Megaguide 

Otherwise you will need to keep trying with customer services - call 202 from your o2 mobile phone, or 0344 809 0202 from another phone. You can also call 0800 032 1402 using Skype ( Guide: A Guide to Skype )

Alternatively message on social media:

Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 7

Martini007
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have 3 monthly contract phones with O2 and am a Virgin Media Broadband customer, so I got Volt benefits and all three phones got double data - sweet. I did an upgrade on one of the sim only contracts in January 2024 and did another upgrade last month (March) with a new phone. Both of these have lost Volt benefits. O2 tell me that you lose Volt benefits if you upgrade. I wouldn't have done the upgrade last month if I had known this.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Martini007 

No you don'y lose the benefits at all.

Contact O2 again.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Volt Megaguide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 7

Martini007
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I did contact O2 and they said that the Volt benefits should resume after a week!? Anyway, as I had gone for a 5GB data plan thinking it would double to 10GB they offered to up my data to 25GB a month for only an additional £2.99 so I capitulated (I was almost out of data) and agreed to the new plan. That was on 11/4/24. No changes have been made as at today and I am down to my last gig. I thought the new plan would start immediately. Maybe my new order is on a sheet of paper on a slow boat from India...

Message 6 of 7

pgn
  • 36550 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

My last O2 Contract upgrade about 14months ago resulted in about 3 or 4 days of what I had got in the upgrade before the doubling of my tariff's base data happened, automatically on the new phone.
My Virgin upgrade December past did not interfere at all, in fact I suspect when Virgin know you hold both an O2 Contract and are upgrading VM, they do not quote standard speeds but automatically double those figures - not right, I agree, but there you go @Martini007 

Do check the address details on the upgraded phone contracts match exactly the VM contract address details is all the guidance I can offer, other than hassling O2 again, via Social Media usually is best, link below has the details. Good luck.

Message 7 of 7