Did you mean: 

Travelling to Australia

Oz182446
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, 

I was hoping someone might be able to help. 

I am travelling to Australia for the first time later this year and want to keep in touch with family and friends. I have been looking into roaming charges etc and wanted to check I understood them. I have Volt benefits and as part of those I have the volt o2 travel inclusive zone active on my bolt ons. From the information on the o2 website it seems to suggest I will be able to use my plan for free whilst in Australia albeit with limits for fair usage. Is that the case? If so, will it simply be a case of using my phone as I usually would or do I need to set anything up before I travel? 

Apologies if they are daft questions but I’m not a frequent traveler and this will be my first long haul journey. 

thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6915 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1544 Solutions

As a Volt Customer with Travel Inclusive you are good to go. No need to do anything else

Just make sure that data roaming is switched on in your handset

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
  • 6915 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1544 Solutions

As a Volt Customer with Travel Inclusive you are good to go. No need to do anything else

Just make sure that data roaming is switched on in your handset

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

Oz182446
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for confirming. I really appreciate it! 

Message 3 of 5

ConfusedBunny
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi. I have the same question but I’m a sim only cheapo, monthly billed customer. I need some data in Oz just for Satnav, and finding stuff (not streaming) and phone usage. V confused between o2 travel and the inclusive bolt on.  Do I buy ahead of time (tick job off my list) or when I arrive?   Hope someone can help, thank you v much. 

Message 4 of 5

Enlli
  • 6915 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1544 Solutions

If it is a chepo and you don't have Volt then Travel Inclusive will not show in My O2 Bolt Ons

Check your Bolt Ons in My O2. If you have Travel OK. If not you can add the bolt on before you go as you only pay when it is used

Message 5 of 5