Did you mean: 

O2 virgin volt

Jen-dea
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m paying o2 £25 pm and virgin £147 pm 

I signed up to a new contact with both provider my virgin bd is m600 the next step is m1000 my fibre will take it but none are interested in upgrading me and batting me to each provider the offer at the time says if with o2 and virgin at the same address free upgrade to the next level I feel cheated who owns this o2 or virgin 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

That is the biggest load of tosh @Jen-dea  I have upgraded twice in the past up to Gig (before Volt) and got a Hub 4 along the way... 

Its a shame Virgin have treated you the way they have. 

Have you tried logging a complaint with the VM Complaint's Team, via the online form https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

Good luck with your new ISP.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Jen-dea 

Virgin Media own the upgrade of your Broadband, and o2 have no say in this, bare in  mind there are supply shortages so Virgin wont upgrade you until they can deliver a Hub 4 or a Hub 5 (still in testing). 

You need to call 150 from your Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 and if need be log a complaint...  Do Not take any rubbish from the Manila Call Centre on this. 

Message 2 of 6

Jen-dea
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have the hub 3. I contacted Virgin customer services and they say it’s only for new customers I renewed my 18 month contract only last month… They did offer me a free wifi pod so I have cancelled my contract as they cannot honour the free upgrade to next level broadband that’s online have m600 so would be m1000 So I have cancelled not paying my hard earned £ just filling in my virgin disconnection confirmation email 

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

That is the biggest load of tosh @Jen-dea  I have upgraded twice in the past up to Gig (before Volt) and got a Hub 4 along the way... 

Its a shame Virgin have treated you the way they have. 

Have you tried logging a complaint with the VM Complaint's Team, via the online form https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

Good luck with your new ISP.. 

Message 4 of 6

Jen-dea
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Complaint reference: C-03062287

Message 5 of 6

Jen-dea
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Virgin contacted me today to answer my complaint spoke to the guy in retentions 

upshot now is I will be disconnected in June without paying the EDF  they cannot honour the Virgin vault offer by taking my current broadband m500 to the next level which is m1000, they can though upgrade me to m1000 at a cost of £17 pm 

and as I only took o2 as part of the virgin offer I need to cancel 02 as well, 

I contacted o2 first who activated 02 vault, they then took my virgin media details and said it would take up to 14 days to activate ( 14 days came and went taking me over the coooling off period ) when I contacted them again, we don’t have anything to do with virgin vault and to speek to them after getting the final answer today from virgin I’m now 28 days into my contract that I need cancel 

Message 6 of 6