cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 Mobile Contract ends 6 months before My Broadband contract ends with Virgin Media in August

Mr-Trickor2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope someone can help me please.

I had the most awful experience with O2, porting my number and setting up my VOLT contract with Virgin Media (VM) and I just dread going through any of that again.

The contract with VM was for 24 months, but the contract with O2 was only 18 months (I stupidly didn't notice). My O2 contract is now coming to an end next week and I want to break with the joint VOLT contract arrangement. 

Does anyone know how to do this? If is possible? Or do I have to just continue paying the vastly overpriced O2 Bill for the next 6 months until the VM broadband ends?

My daughter has told me I was seriously "Boomered" and she is furious with both VM and O2 for taking advantage.

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: VM have said that all I need to do is get another O2 Sim plan, without affecting my VM broadband package or the monthly cost. I do so hope that is true - will let you know!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

You can leave O2 and just keep on with the broadband. Volt benefits on that will continue till that contract ends.

You could also upgrade on O2 through the likes of USwitch which has far cheaper deals than O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

You can leave O2 and just keep on with the broadband. Volt benefits on that will continue till that contract ends.

You could also upgrade on O2 through the likes of USwitch which has far cheaper deals than O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You can leave the O2 network anytime and I doubt very much that it will have any effect on your broadband

Or think now about upgrading with O2 and going sim only if you are happy with the phone

If you do decide on that

Use USwitch

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/o2/

Choose the deal you want

This will automatically redirect you to the O2 website

Just follow the prompts and choose the UPGRADE option

Complete the deal and nothing on your account changes except the tariff at the new cheaper cost

Payment date is the same and your next bill will be at the cheaper rate and will be made up of the pro rata cost of your old tariff and your new tariff

The change should show in My O2 within 24 hours

Volt benefits will still apply as will possibly a 3 month extra such as Disney+

Or even consider changing to PAYG 

Message 3 of 8

Mr-Trickor2
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much!

Message 4 of 8

Mr-Trickor2
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

WOW! I assumed I would have to go though O2 website. Thanks

Message 5 of 8

Mr-Trickor2
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you again to Enlli and Jonsie. you have just saved me £20 per month!!!!!

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Enlli
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Glad to help

Message 8 of 8