Did you mean: 

Check account is actually cancelled?

Faerie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

i cancelled my volt account last October when I changed my virgin media package, everything was fine (I thought)until today

i got an alert on my credit checking app saying my O2 account was reactivated…I never asked for this, I have no account with O2, still an account with Virgin which i was told 2 days ago is being increased because of inflation…

how can I make sure my account hasn’t been reactivated (am worried about scammers)..I never used the o2 number so never knew it, I don’t have an existing account so can’t get through to customer service, the virtual assistant is no use…

any ideas? Don’t want to just ignore it…hope this is the correct board, I am getting passed around and not sure who I should be contacting…

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144958 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Faerie 

Try contact via the socials.

Guide here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144958 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Faerie 

Try contact via the socials.

Guide here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Faerie
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, sent a message last night, hope they read it and get back to me

Message 3 of 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Prompt them every now and then, turnaround time for a reply and engagement from Support via Social Media can take two or three days, @Faerie - based on my experience here:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Web-Top-Up-not-recognising-a-valid-O2-P...

Message 4 of 8

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Faerie 

Other members of this community have reported that the social media team often take up to 72 hours to respond ; and it is good practice to periodically ping them a reminder during that time.

It is still quicker and easier than hanging on the 'phone ! 👍  

Message 5 of 8

Faerie
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the advice, will do

Message 6 of 8

Faerie
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a response yesterday via messenger.  Thanks for your advice everyone…all sorted 😊

Message 7 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6776 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

@Faerie Glad it's sorted

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 8