Did you mean: 

Cheapest option for travel in USA with O2

PaulCumby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am travelling in USA for just short of a month and wanted to know if there is a cheap option as only on pay as you go with O2. 

I have seen £6 per day quoted, but think that is far too expensive as I know my wife could pay only £10 per week with her provider and she is only PAYG as well.

Any other options that people know of?

Thank you,

Paul

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6785 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

Nothing cheaper with O2

The other problem is there is no 3G now in the US so 4G Calling is required to make and receive calls. That is not presently available on O2 PAYG 

USA - Roaming with O2 

Using WiFi and the likes of WhatsApp to make calls or purchasing a local SIM.

If your wife's provider offers 4G Calling then I would suggest changing network before you go

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6785 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

Nothing cheaper with O2

The other problem is there is no 3G now in the US so 4G Calling is required to make and receive calls. That is not presently available on O2 PAYG 

USA - Roaming with O2 

Using WiFi and the likes of WhatsApp to make calls or purchasing a local SIM.

If your wife's provider offers 4G Calling then I would suggest changing network before you go

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36459 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

As well as @Enlli's advice, you could get a 30-day SIM for the best US network that operates in the area you are going to and use that for all data needs there,@PaulCumby - you can even get one off Amazon here before you travel, and activate it when you land in the USA. Good luck, enjoy the trip.

Message 3 of 3