Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail

Wendy15
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently was overseas and received 4 or so phone calls.  I did not answer as they were mainly spam calls - but my voicemail picked them up and I have been charged £2 each call as a received call while overseas.  Does anyone know how to disable voicemail?  I don't want to continue to be charged for calls I did not take - especially spam ones!

TIA

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Wendy15 - this is a common problem with voicemail when roaming in certain countries.

Turning on VM
Dial 1750 and press send
Turning off VM
Dial 1760 and press send

More info in here: Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

You will need to remember to switch voicemail off before you travel, as the 4-digit short-codes are often not recognised by the roaming partner you are using when abroad. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Wendy15 - this is a common problem with voicemail when roaming in certain countries.

Turning on VM
Dial 1750 and press send
Turning off VM
Dial 1760 and press send

More info in here: Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

You will need to remember to switch voicemail off before you travel, as the 4-digit short-codes are often not recognised by the roaming partner you are using when abroad. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Wendy15
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn - much appreciated!! Would be a simple thing for o2 to have on their website but I guess it helps a little extra sneaky revenue for them!

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

That is why the Forum is here - so those caught out previously can share the lesson they learned and help others to get the best out of their handset and out of O2, @Wendy15 - glad you got sorted!

Message 4 of 4