Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal down in Charminster, DT2 9QP

Tony7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've recently moved to Charminster in Dorset and the signal on O2 is one or zero. We have four phones on O2. I have checked the status and apparently a mast isn't working as it should and I've been given updates for a month that unfortunately engineers are still working on it.

I need to know if this is ever going to be fixed or should I just switch to Vodafone, who neighbours say is much better in the area?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

@Tony7 

No one on here will be able to tell you when the mast issues will be resolved, and there are many issues that can affect timescales, such as parts availability, access etc. 

The best way to keep track on these things is to use https://status.o2.co.uk or the My Network App...

If looking to swap networks get a PAYG sim and test coverage as Voda and o2 share masts in a lot of locations. ..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Tony7 

It will be fixed although O2 never giver you timescales unfortunately. Get the My Network app where you can report faults and get updates. https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network 

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Tony7
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. If vodafone do share masts is there an easier way to find the network with best coverage in my area than buy all sim cards and testing one by one? 

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Tony7 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. If vodafone do share masts is there an easier way to find the network with best coverage in my area than buy all sim cards and testing one by one? 

Just try Vodafone at first @Tony7 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5