Did you mean: 

reference code 10 on Apple Watch

JoaoPadilha
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. 
I’ve been trying to set up my new Apple Watch Ultra and like many people before I am getting the annoying:

Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 10”

I called O2 and tried all the trouble shooting they say. Nothing works. They say they have to investigate. I don’t get it. It’s an error code so it should be listed and have a step by step in how to sort it out. Am I not right?
I have seen this being asked around here a lot but never saw the solution for it. 
I even went to an O2 store and they had no clue what to do with about it. 
Anyone been through the same and knows the solution for this? Or is the solution just to go to another provider? 

thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36565 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

Brilliant summary, @Speccie - and glad you (eventually) got your phone working.

Note for @RafaC, @Breanna and @Martin-O2 that whilst the main O2 help pages by device and procedure need to be refreshed, the Community resources, especially the Advisors, are helping immensely.

We really could be doing with info being consolidated into Guides, especially as the Tech teams seem not to feed back to Customer, Forum or O2 main site, what it is that is wrong and what the fix is!

Message 31 of 37

Speccie
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As a followup, notice of my next O2 bill arrived today. It was showing two Apple Watches on the account!

It seems that I should have called O2 up eight weeks ago and asked for the old one to be removed, as removing it from the Watch app was insufficient. I did not see that information when I removed the old one from the app.

It appears if you remove a device from your account, you have to give O2 four weeks notice, but after explaining the situation, they agreed to remove it immediately.

Whether this means my next bill will be revised, let alone give me eight weeks discount for not being able to connect to O2, remains to be seen. 

Message 32 of 37

keironwaites
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got a phone call from o2 saying the problem was with Apple and to go to the Apple Store. I did this and was told it's definitely a problem with the network. Has anyone successfully moved to another provider and fixed this issue?

Message 33 of 37

mobileappz
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes this is a o2 fault

Message 34 of 37

pgn
  • 36565 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

@keironwaites wrote:

I got a phone call from o2 saying the problem was with Apple and to go to the Apple Store. I did this and was told it's definitely a problem with the network. Has anyone successfully moved to another provider and fixed this issue?

Are you still looking for help from O2 for this, @keironwaites? Whilst the O2 Social Media Team (links just below) should be able to resolve this, sometimes tagging the on-duty O2 Advisor here on the Community Forum can help - you need to be available to provide the details they need via PM here, though. 

Message 35 of 37

Fiona86
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also getting this reference code

Message 36 of 37

pgn
  • 36565 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

@Fiona86 wrote:

I am also getting this reference code - reference code 10 on Apple Watch

You need to contact O2 directly - the O2 Advisors that used to be here on the Forum have long since been withdrawn as a service by O2.  Reach out to O2 via Social Media (if you use Facebook, (X or Twitter) or Instagram - all these ways are in the link just below.  There have been cases of staff in-store in the O2 Shops also being able to rectify this - if one is convenient to you. Note that you will need to show photo id to get assistance in-store.  Good luck, @Fiona86.

Message 37 of 37