Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"unknown" caller id and no data

biggles911
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've tried customer services umpteen times and they have been unable to solve 2 problems I have with O2 at the moment. I upgraded my contract and changed from a 4G sim to a 5G sim but in doing so my phone has been unable to keep 4G.. I'm not in a 5G area but my local shop informed me that the service would automatically default to the available 4G service. I reset the data settings and try selecting O2-UK manually and when I do this I get 4G service for perhaps 5 minutes or so then it disappears... I bought a brand new iPhone 14 Pro and installed an e-sim in the hope this would solve my problem that I had with my with my old iPhone but it hasn't. What am I supposed to do as customer services seem to be pretty ineffectual.... Also, all my calls come in as "unknown" even though they are in my contacts.... turning on airplane made then back off gives me 4G for a while but will then eventually drop.... it's so frustrating that nobody seems to care and are able to sort this. In the days before covid you call call someone and ask for technical help but now calling 202 to ask for that service customer services say they can't put me through to the technical department..... why? Aaaarrgghhhhh. O2 you are losing me a my family soon forever....

Please help me as I'm so hacked off with this......

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12143 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

Hi @biggles911 

We can ask the community advisors to take a look at this. 

Can you see if you can help with this please @O2Sarah- ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@biggles911 I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 3 of 4

Kosmos5457
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having this same issue. I switched from iPhone XS to iPhone 14 Pro, so with that, swapped SIM card as well to benefit from 5G wherever it is available. I don't have 5G anywhere near where I live anyway.

I think this issue described here seems to be intermittent to me. Sometimes, I will see names of people who are in my contacts, when they call me. I had first thought that the issue was in some way related to CarPlay as this is where I was first seeing the issue. Then I had seen it happen on my Apple Watch Ultra as well.

I check the call history later on iPhone and it displays Unknown Caller, so that leads me to think that the issue really starts there.

I have reset Network Settings, not sure if this will help my case at all. I'd like for someone in O2 to do thorough checks on their end, preferably someone in the technical department who can escalate if need be.

Part of the reason this bothers me so much is more that I have my Apple Watch to take a glance at who is calling me before I answer my phone, particularly important to me if I am in work, as if it was some unexpected phone call, I'd probably let it go and they could leave voicemail if important, though if it is a contact in my phone, or I'm expecting a phone call from someone with caller ID displaying, I'd be able to see the number and take a guess who it is.

Also when driving, I don't want to have to think do I answer to Unknown Caller or not.

Message 4 of 4