Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone calls IN and OUT fail, since this morning

Sonja1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since this morning all attempts at making or receiving calls just tell me it FAILED. I have signal for emails etc. and internet connection. Just no phone calls.

I'm just going round and round with queries online - can't seem to connect to the expert.

Any suggestions for the technically illiterate would be much appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148511 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28417 Solutions

@Sonja1 

Check guide to narrow down the fault Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Using wifi calling may help in the interim.

Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

Sonja1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, thanks for your response. I've followed the suggestions, but I'm still stuck. 

I have signal, wi-fi calls enabled, mobile data enabled.

I can use the internet, get new emails, etc.

The only thing I can do is make or receive telephone calls.

Are there any other suggestions? If not, I'll have to go into town tomorrow to an O2 shop.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 10

Sonja1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, typo! The only thing I CAN't do is make or receive telephone calls.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 148511 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28417 Solutions

Did you check for network issues @Sonja1 

O2 Service Status

Also make sure you haven't enabled airplane mode by accident.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 10

Sonja1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5.

I've checked service status, which is fine, and airplane mode is off. Still can't make or receive calls.

I appreciate your input. Thank you.

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 148511 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28417 Solutions

@Sonja1 

Are you on contract or PAYG?

Have you checked bill has been paid or if you have an active bundle / credit?

Message 7 of 10

Sonja1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've now had a chance to go to an O2 shop in town. They removed the sim, cleaned it on a cloth, put it back in, and hey presto, it worked! Thanks you for your help - I really appreciate it.

Message 8 of 10

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38107 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

Great news, @Sonja1 - SIM cleaning, yes important enough to be included in the guide listed in the first reply above, as here:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/Network-issues/m-p/1202074/highlight/true#M12299

Message 9 of 10

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 185 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Chances are this was resolved by the IMSI disconnect/reattach. If the SIM contacts were dirty, this would have caused other authentication issues.

Message 10 of 10