Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of country, new phone shows sim but cant access data

QueenAmpharos
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

TLDR, im in france for work and my trusty Samgsung A17 finally kicked it. It works while plugged in but dies quickly when unplugged. I bought a Iphone 12 mini and slotted in my existing sim card. It picks up my phone number and that im on O2 but even turning on roaming data I dont get anything. I tested making a phonecall to a friend and it did go through to their phone.

I have attempted to use the chat customer service feature but it seems to refuse to work since I am in france.

I have tried to call the "contact us from abroad" phone number but it constantly tells me the line is unavailible.

This is my first time swapping to a new phone as an 02 user so i may be missing something obvious here.

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but if someone could point me in the cirrect direction i would be greatful!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@QueenAmpharos 

Change nothing except the line that says idata.o2.co.uk to mobile .o2.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@QueenAmpharos 

Check your data apn and change it to "mobile.o2.co.uk"

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

QueenAmpharos
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for answering MI5! It also has entry fields for a username and password. Where would I find these?

all of the APN fields listed under "mobile data" auto generated to idata.o2.co.uk as well as a username i dont recognize and an unknown password.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@QueenAmpharos 

Change nothing except the line that says idata.o2.co.uk to mobile .o2.co.uk

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

QueenAmpharos
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you @MI5 that works perfectly!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

👍

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6