Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

otac error when upgrading

rogerramdeen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hello, I am getting an OTAC error when i click on the customer services link for an upgrade offer on email account [Removed] and number [Removed].

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions

@rogerramdeen 

Looks like you should contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)
Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

rogerramdeen
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I just rang them and they told me to wait a full 24hrs before trying it again. Very frustrating!

Message 3 of 7

Joanna7
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've spent the last 8 days trying to upgrade and still no luck........

Message 4 of 7

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Were you able to get it sorted @rogerramdeen?

Message 5 of 7

rogerramdeen
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No. Still getting it. No 👎 ne seems to know how to fix it or why it has happened. I never got the upgrade as a result...the 72hrs time limit has gone. 

I took out a new contract with EE instead and terminated my O2 contract. 

Message 6 of 7

SuzanneB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exactly the same issue that i am having,processing the upgrade.Initially i came from virgin media then they merged into 02,Goodness how wrong a move could they have made.Went to upgrade to a new handset last night,ended up having to phone them up to get tehm to process the upgrade,which all went successfully,until the part that they send you the email that you click on the link to basically accept the contract and get the new handset sent out to you.

First of all the customer service didnt really understand me,which didn't help in the slightest,then they actually aknowledged what i was asking them to do.They tried sending the link multiple times,multiple times same error.So i was told that they would call me back between 2&3 pm u.k. time,that came and went,absolutely complete ignorance i had to end up calling them.

So i was told to yet again click on the link on the email to accept the terms etc so handset could be dispatched to confirm if it worked or not,only to find out,they cancelled the order.

So yet again today i had to go through the same process,YET AGAIN credit check everything,so now i have been Credit Checked twice of which i have passed both times as my credit rating is really good.Yet again same error when they are sending the email with the link to click on to accept the contract and get the handset sent out to me.

Apparently the advisor who called me back this time when she said she would,told me that o2 had server issues,of which to be honest I DO NOT BELIEVE.Have to wait again until tomorrow for them calling me back to probably send me another email with the link to confirm and accept my contract which probably won't work again.

So here i am NO FURTHER FORWARD,stuck probably again,everytime they tell you to wait 24 hours,how long do we actually have to wait.

This is basically just being given the runaround and nothing else,it is simple as that and to treat your new customers like that is just shocking and beyond comprehension.

Service is just beyond ridiculous and if i don't get a result tomorrow i am moving elswhere to a provider that will treat me as a respected customer and not like a fool.

Message 7 of 7