cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one of my contract phones has had no access to texts OR data for 5 months!!!

unhappydougieee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

First of  all O2 tech support isnt reduced during covid, its completely absent, im not impressed that the entire o2 website support system just leads you on a merry go round and back to square one.

My sons phone has had no ability to send/recieve texts OR use data for 5 months now yet he can send and recieve calls??

Ive tried manually switching/adding networks but it always reverts back to H+ even though every phone in the house is on 4G.

I have no idea if the problem is the phone itself (huawei p30 pro), or o2`s end, the phone itself was restricted to incoming calls only due to an unpaid bill, when it was settled the phone didnt work properly ssince.

I find it ludicrous that i have to post this on an open forum because o2 lack the basic ability to offer any kind of  technical support when in this day and age the very service they offer allows anyone and everyone to work from home.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@unhappydougieee 

Working numbers to call here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to call on appears to be 0800 587 4005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@unhappydougieee 

Working numbers to call here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to call on appears to be 0800 587 4005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

O2Orlanda
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 29 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hey unhappydougieee sorry that your experiencing this have you tired your sons sim in one of your other devices as this may determine weather it’s a sim/ network fault or handset and vice verse your sim in his phone , if his sim works in your phone it could just be a simple fix like a sim swap to correct this service.I would also check on your my o2 account that you haven’t mistakenly been put on to a data sim as this could cause issues to general usage. 

Hope this helps.

signature
Message 3 of 5

unhappydougieee
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for that number.
Instantly found out that the restriction wasnt lifted from that number 5 months ago, strange that he could still make outgoing calls though.
Anyway problem solved, thanks for the help
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5