Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mp4 file size increases inexplicably

AlistairW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been taking 40 minute selfie videos for the purposes of a piano exam. The examiners impose a limit of 2GBytes on the file size than can be uploaded.
Initially I found the file size to be just over 1Gig, but each time I take a new video the file size increase until the third one which is about 2.3Gigabytes.
I have compared the properties on Windows, and the only difference is the Data Rate and Total Bitrate which are about 4.6k for the first file, but increase to 9.7k for the third file. This seems to be proportional to the mp4 file size and presumably explains the difference in file size.
My question is - Why does the bitrate increase with each "take", and how do I control thus and ensure that the file is less than 2G?

I have raised this with Samsung but they persistently fail to understand my question.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36020 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@AlistairW 

This is connected to file compression and the resultant quality of the video created. If you search Google for "bitrate increase on MP4 files", you will find lots of guidance and solutions.  

Message 3 of 3