Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# key not working

Bobbydazzler1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Have tried to sign into my NS&I account but unable to because I need to use the # key to enable authorisation & it isn’t being recognised. Advisors at NS&I have informed me this is a common problem on iPhones & the cause is the “DTMS files”? on the network. Have now been locked out of my account - very annoyed!! Can you enlighten me? Thankyou

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Bobbydazzler1 

Dual tone multi frequency (DTMF) is a technology used with touch tone phones, best known to users as the sound made when pressing a number key. It signals the phone company that you want to make a call and sends a command to the switch.

If not working it's gonna be a phone fault.

Try rebooting phone, clearing cache from the dialer app or call from a landline.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

#Key working on my O2 Android. Can't see it being an O2 problem with the network

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

It's not

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

It's not

Could be an hidden iPhone 'feature' 😉

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Never had a problem on mine.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6