Did you mean: 

imessage/facetime not working from phone number

DarrenS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning,

I have recently transferred back to o2 from 3mobile, I have taken a SIM only deal & using my Iphone 13 pro.

I ported the number - Everything is now working fine except Imessage/Facetime which will only connect via my email on my Apple ID account & not my phone number.

I contacted Apple support, who worked through a variety of tests/check/resets etc. & then they asked me to send HELP to 48369. This shows as not delivered.

Apple then advised that the issue is with o2 if the message is not delivered. He said that means that when the request for the authentication for imessage was sent to my phone it would not have been received because of this.

I have spoken with someone at customer services today who said to leave it for another 24/48 hours and it may start working, although I am not convinced.

Looking around at this issue online it seems not uncommon but I cannot find an answer - but it sounds like something isn't quite right on o2`s side.

All phone checks Apple Side are done, the number is registered to the Apple ID.

Not really sure what to do now? I can get it to work via email just not my number as it will not authorise for imessage/facetime - and it was working fine until I moved from 3.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144942 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@DarrenS 

It's taking a week to 10 days to update your number on the system currently.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pjskip
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m the same, been like it for a week now. I suspect there’s not much more you can do that you hav’nt already. I’ve been contacting 202 daily to report it. All they do is take details and pass it up the chain. Seriously thinking about cancelling if this is the level of service going forward. Good luck

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144942 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@DarrenS 

It's taking a week to 10 days to update your number on the system currently.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

DarrenS
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ahh, so the waiting game may be true!

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144942 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

As with everything O2 at the moment......

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

DarrenS
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, I rebooted again earlier today & everything seems to be working as it was before I moved over from 3, so whatever it was, it seems sorted!

Message 6 of 6