Did you mean: 

iinsurance- broken screen

EmHizzle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My phone fell from my pocket tonight and the screen has smashed and it's not functioning. I have tried to call customer services to log this and claim on my insurance policy. I need a replacement phone ASAP as I am a doctor and can be called out regularly despite the lockdown etc. When I called customer services it told me my call was not urgent as my device is not stolen.

I have tried to get help on the website and it sends me back to customer services which is apparently open til 9pm but then I get the same problem. I really don't want to have to upgrade and face losing the contents on my phone when it's insured, but I need to sort this ASAP due to work.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@EmHizzle See this guide: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-insurance

Edit: Unfortunately, O2's customer service has been atrocious during the pandemic, even moreso than usual, so you have to lie and use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option in order to get through to anyone. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions
@EmHizzle

Just so you are aware they will wipe the device if it is sent in for repair even for a damaged screen.

The insurance company may also just swap the device.

You will be without a handset at least for the next few days (o2 dont do same day exchanges and if they send to be repaired it could be a week or so), so it might be best to buy a temporary handset or borrow one if you can .
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@EmHizzle Just to add to the good advice from @madasaf1sh, make sure you take your sim card out of the damaged phone before you send it off. Otherwise you'll be unable to use the replacement phone they send.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4