Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone IMEI blacklisted

Godfreeze001
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My daughter just had her birthday and as all she would talk about was finally getting her own phone I rather stupidly bought a cosmetically damaged iPhone 13 pro max from someone on Facebook marketplace thinking it doesn't make any sense to pay full price for a phone that she will probably lose or break before too long.

Obviously I wasn't thinking straight as it seems that the phone has been blacklisted & of course the person I bought it from on Facebook is nowhere to be found so I have no hope of a refund or anything else.

Looking back it really wasn't my best idea & not a very clever thing to do.....

Here's what troubleshooting I have done so far

The new SIM card I got for the blacklisted iPhone works fine when I test it in my iPhone 13

The SIM from my iPhone 13 does not work when I test it in the blacklisted iPhone

Network provider lock shows No SIM restriction

Settings - General - About - Physical SIM - Network, it shows Not Available - phone not allowed.

I checked on IMEI24.com and after entering the IMEI number it comes back as blacklisted.

I have spoken to CS many times & they always want to send me a new SIM to solve the issue.

I have been into O2 shops and been told there is nothing they can do and that I need to call CS.

Is there anything else I can do or anyone that may be able to help remove the iPhone from the blacklist?

Or am I just left with an expensive paper weight and an upset daughter?

I have been reading a few similar threads about the issue here on the O2 community so I am hoping all is not lost

Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Godfreeze001 

It's a paperweight unfortunately.

The phone probably belongs to an insurance company as they have likely paid out on it.

It is also illegal to knowingly own such a device.

You should hand it in to the police and give them as much detail about the seller you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Godfreeze001 

It's a paperweight unfortunately.

The phone probably belongs to an insurance company as they have likely paid out on it.

It is also illegal to knowingly own such a device.

You should hand it in to the police and give them as much detail about the seller you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 2