Did you mean: 

iMessage failing to activate

Rowns
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I recently moved from EE to O2. Since porting my number iMessage and FaceTime refuse to activate. I’ve spent hours on the phone with Apple resetting settings, etc. Even tried the sim in a new phone, nothing works, speaking to customer service is like smashing my face against a wall.

I tried to get confirmation that iData is enabled on my account, as mentioned by other people on here, but I may as well have been speaking another language.

Can someone at O2 help me get this resolved before I cancel the contract in my cooling off period.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36508 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

@Rowns - I'll tag a Forum O2 Advisor, @O2Sarah- who should reach out to you after 8am today via PM for more info to help check if your porting process completed as it should have. Please respond to her query to move this forward today, and good luck.

Message 2 of 14

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Rowns I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 3 of 14

TNorm14
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah- apologies jumping on this. But I’m having the same issues, tried all the recommended actions and my number still won’t work on iMessage. 

Message 4 of 14

Bridger60
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah I am also having the same issues as the guys above. I’ve tried all the recommendations but nothing has worked, can you help out please? 

Message 5 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@TNorm14 @Bridger60 

@O2Sarah-is on at 8am tomorrow morning. No doubt she will be in touch then.

Best of luck both

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 14

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning 

Thanks or the tag @Cleoriff 

@TNorm14 and @Bridger60  I will send you a private message so i can check your account 😊

Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Thanks @O2Sarah- x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

elea29
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did anybody get a resolve on this?  Myself and my daughter have switched from EE to O2.  More daughters phone number has ported over fine... no issues whereas I cannot activate iMessage or FaceTime...
I have spoken with Apple and done all they can and put a diff SIM in my phone and then it worked so know it is linked to the SIM itself and not the phone so nothing for Apple to sort.  It is defo an O2 issue but am having no luck with them... still waiting on a call back and also one Tech support never returned my call.. its a joke!

Can someone please help? @O2Sarah- 

Message 9 of 14

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @elea29 slight_smile

@O2Emma is on now and might be able to help. 

Message 10 of 14