Did you mean: 

iMessage error on activation

Den80
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning,

I know this has been raised many times but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I set up a new iPhone last Saturday, my old number ported over on Tuesday and I can't activate iMessage against my phone number, I receive an instant error message.

I've been through the settings and reset the network setting several times, checked with Apple Support and everything seems to be ok with my phone.

I set my phone up originally with the new physical sim from O2 and created an esim from my old provider at which point iMessage was working on my number that has now ported to O2.

What can I try now?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

rky_com
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

FaceTime and/or iMessage activation requires one SMS to be sent on UK NUMBER which is apple server. If your SMS service is up and running it will get activated.

Software Engineer

New O2 Customer since Dec 2022
Using - iPhone 14 Pro | Apple Watch | Pay Monthly O2 Sim
Message 2 of 4

Dave_abz
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the exact same issue , o2 told me it was the phone and to get in touch with Apple !! I put another sim (Vodafone) in the handset and it worked fine ?? I then swapped back to the o2 sim and it’s now working fine ,, might be worth a try if u have access to another sim ? 

good luck 

Message 3 of 4

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hey @Den80 were you able to get this worked out?

Message 4 of 4