Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esim activation on galaxy watch

Fahad1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought samsung galaxy watch-6 classic cellular which requires an esim. I was previously using a plastic O2 sim in my samsung mobile. I swapped my sim to an esim and installed that in my samsung watch using its mobile app (galaxy wearable) on the phone. Now the watch has esim and mobile has no sim. When I try to make call or receive call, I get the message that 'only emergency calls can be made' Similarly I am unable to receive or send any sms from my watch. This was my only O2 number which is now installed in the watch. My mobile phone does not support an esim, it only uses plastic sim. My O2 app is showing that esim is active but still its not working on the watch and it can't be transferred back to mobile as it does not support esim. What should I do? Thanks for your advice.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Fahad1 

You need an esim for the watch not from your phone.

Guide: Connecting your Samsung Smartwatch 

Swap the esim back to a plastic one and put it back in your phone, then follow guide too activate the watch.

It's an extra £7 per month.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Fahad1 

You need an esim for the watch not from your phone.

Guide: Connecting your Samsung Smartwatch 

Swap the esim back to a plastic one and put it back in your phone, then follow guide too activate the watch.

It's an extra £7 per month.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2