Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email sending problem

PatM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone 7 and iPad, both with IOS14.  When away from my own home router, I am unable to send emails using normal email accounts.  However, I can send emails using my alternative Hotmail account.  I have switched on "Mobile Data"

There is no issue receiving emails on all email accounts when away from home router, provided that Mobile Data is switched on.

Apple tech support tell me that the issue is probably with my mobile data provider (o2).  Something has not been enabled for my phone in their network.  Can anyone help on this, please?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145058 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@PatM 

The only thing O2 could enable is iData, so you should call and check if that is active on your account first Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions
@PatM

Who are your providers you are trying to send from?

If you can send from hotmail using mobile data then it is possibly a blocked port, mobile networks dont like port 25 which is the default.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 9

PatM
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, my ISP is Onetel working through TalkTalk.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 145058 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@PatM 

If you are using POP it will be trying to use port 25.

You can avoid this by using your providers imap settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 9

PatM
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for this suggestion.  I will wait in the queue for Customer Services to pick up.  You did say

"iData" didn't you?

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 145058 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@PatM wrote:

Thank you for this suggestion.  I will wait in the queue for Customer Services to pick up.  You did say

"iData" didn't you?

Yes I did @PatM 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 9

PatM
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for this suggestion.  I have today converted to IMAP settings, but have yet to try out the email process away from my router.  Will try later and report back.

Message 8 of 9

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @PatM just checking on you. Has this worked?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9