Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim not working - can't make/receive calls

Snudge88
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I purchased a Google Pixel 6 Pro at the weekend and, needing to use the dual-sim functionality, had my O2 sim converted into an eSim which I then uploaded to the phone.  This is installed alongside a physical Vodafone sim which is used for my work number.

The general provisioning seems to have worked, with data and SMS functionality working, and I have also had my voicemails pushed down to the phone's visual voicemail service.  Despite this, I am unable to make or receive calls.  When trying to make calls with the sim I get an 'invalid number' issue, whilst those trying to call me are told that my own number is not recognised.

I have tried many solutions such as rebooting the phone, trying to use the phone without the Vodafone sim installed, and (on the advice of the O2 customer service line) resetting the network settings.  None of this has worked and the advisor has told me to just wait it out...  Hardly confidence inspiring!

Has anyone else had this issue, or got any further advice to get the O2 sim fully up and running?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144683 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Snudge88 

There is a known issue currently with sim activations which is being worked on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144683 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Snudge88 

There is a known issue currently with sim activations which is being worked on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Snudge88
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks, MI5.  Any suggestions as to how long we're looking at for a fix for this?

Also, what are the chances of getting any credit applied to my bill for the unusable days?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144683 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Snudge88 

No idea how long it will take, sorry.

They have been working on it since Thursday / Friday last week.

Once you get connected, call O2 and they may credit you for the days without service.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Ribbo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been the victim of this incident too they told me today it could be Friday as for compensation they offered me a £10 gift token. How the hell did they allow people to commit a sim swap this weekend and thereby lose use of their phones for what’s appears to be over a week is beyond me

Message 5 of 5