Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cellular at sea maritime network

funfun
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need to make and receive calls from the business while my cruise ship is at sea. The fact is I can't connect to the network at all. I wonder what is preventing me from connecting to this cellular at sea maritime network. Is it a roaming barred, spend cap, or others? Please advise and help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Could be any or all of the above @funfun 

Best bet is to contact o2 customer services, either by calling or using social media.

Numbers to try are 202, 0344 809 0202 or 0800 032 1402 (the last one you can use Skype to call).

Guide: A Guide to Skype 

If you want to message on social media, then links are:

Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

If you get no help from those then please come back and we can see if there are other ways to help.

Some more information on

Spend caps - Guide: Spend caps on O2 

Cruise line charges  Guide: Cruise Liners / Aircraft Charges 

Roaming - Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @funfun 

It could be a roaming bar or a spend cap. There again, you may need to speak to the ship's purser to buy a travel package whilst on board.

Another thread about this here MARITIME 

Guide: Cruise Liners / Aircraft Charges 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

funfun
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

contacted o2 customer services twice with no help, very disappointed!!

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Then you need to speak to the staff on the ship to see if they can help re a maritime package.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

NC201
  • 22 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, just bumping this thread back up again as I'm on another cruise and again have no connection to Cellular at Sea. Can someone, ideally a mod, confirm what process I need to do to enable this if its some sort of roaming bar? Roaming on land based and Aeromobile (on Emirates airlines) networks appears to work fine, just on the cruise ship. It's nothing to do with anything on the ship or its network.

Message 6 of 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Sorry, this forum is just customer to customer. All O2 advisors were removed in July.

Only option is to persevere with O2

Good luck

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 7