Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blacklist

rioch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi my phone has been listed as blacklisted by 02 for no obvious reason.I bought it legitimately 12 months ago and have the invoice.Cant contact 02 anymore as they appear to have switched off everthing concerning calls and text and also wi fi calling.Has this happened to others with 02

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6611 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Can we ask where you bought it and was it new?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@rioch 

I'd go straight to a complaint as I doubt you'd get any sense out of customer service even if you could get through.

Use Resolver https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

rioch
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi yes i bought it in a Auction Site Known as John Pye Auctions which is a massive auction site with several auctions taking place daily across the UK.The phone was described as new and came in a sealed box .I bought it in January and have used fine both home and abroad until it was blocked ,i believe on october 29th

Message 4 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10193 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@rioch 

Have you spoken to John Pye, as it could be that the liquidators of the company that John Pye sold on behalf of have asked for it to be blocked. As o2 dont just block handsets for no reason.  

Have you also checked a website called checkmend.com to see what the block is.. 

Unfortunately an invoice from and Auction House means nothing..

I would start with John Pye ..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 7

rioch
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for your help.I used checkmend yesterday who confirmed it was blocked but also confirmed it hadnt been reported lost or stolen.Just spoke to 02 again and they confirmed it had been blocked for no reason and have now lifted it and at the moment it is working fine.Pity it has took since oct 29 to sort.Thank you for your input

Message 6 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6611 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Thanks for the feedback

Sad to say 17 days to sort is hypersonic in O2 terms

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 7