Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad signal

stromtrooper
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi, its been nearly 2 months since i have got my new google pixel 6 pro phone , at the moment im getting about 0.7 mb download at work which is in the PO14 1AR Fareham area where there is a mast outside the back of our works.i have been to your shop in fareham about three times now and the staff were unwilling to help in any way at all. they just keep using the excuse that they are only salesmen. they are not even willing to report my fault at all but expect me to sort out your network issues,  i have been told that the mast has a fault,but 2 months seems to be a long time to sort out a fault. meantime i have no way of checking my media apps my  spotify music is just about playable and my amazon hd music just keeps buffering. i checked your network coverage map online before choosing o2 which stated that ther is good coverage in that area in doors and out, but neither of these are the case.so im now left feeling like i have been conned out of my money, and nothing is being done,and ive been told to use my 5g phone in 3g mode,your map says you have 4g in this are. i think i should be compensated for the poor level of service i have recieved from o2 since i have joined as i cant even use facebook without having to wait ages for the pages to load. charlie

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@stromtrooper 

The refresh deal means the sim can be cancelled for free once the device plan is paid off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@stromtrooper 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Coverage maps are just computer simulations and should only be used as a rough guide. 

How far away is the mast from you at work? As if you are very close to it, you won't be connecting to it.  

Faults can take many weeks to solve, depending on the issue, and thanks to Brexit and the Pandemic, means time to restore are longer, and also the fact depending on the fault it could be mean planning permission, permits to dig up roads, access to the site, all of which can take time. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 11

stromtrooper
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

im sorry thought i would get some help here i thought my problems are clear in the messaage above but it really does appear that if its any more than "how do i switch on my phone" no one can help and the people in the shop think its ok to wait 2 months  for a problem with the mast to be fixed ,is ok! its seems that there is no help where ever you go? im sure this must come under fraud they take the money but you dont get any service??

Message 4 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@stromtrooper 

This isn't customer services but a customer to customer forum, and all we can do is over our advice, and thoughts.. 

And no it doesn't come under fraud, as o2 don't guarantee a fault free network, as per the terms which im sure you read fully and signed before joining o2. 

o2 will be doing everything they can to restore service, and the best thing to do to get updates is use the my network app, but looking on cellmapper.com the mast in question looks to be on Davis Way, but there is an area that mast doesn't cover due to positioning of the cells. 

There is also a big wedge of Fareham that has no mast coverage thanks to HMS Collingwood.
This is all the information I can find.

madasaf1sh_0-1640293014645.png

And faults with masts can take some time to fix, there is a mast on the Lincolnshire Coast that took BT(EE) and their vendors 8 months to fix due to lack of parts.

Also bare in mind the Google Pixels are affected by a software bug thanks to Google's incompetence to release a working software update. 

You can always pay off the device and go elsewhere, but I would strongly recommend getting some PAYG sims to test network coverage, as it looks like Three and EE have some issues as well, and the only one with any semblance of service is Voda

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 11

stromtrooper
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi are you saying that if I pay off the phone I can leave o2? As I want to move over to Vodafone.. Cheers 

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@stromtrooper 

Yes, pay off your device plan and you are free to leave.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

stromtrooper
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, so the sim part is not under contract then? 

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@stromtrooper 

The refresh deal means the sim can be cancelled for free once the device plan is paid off.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

stromtrooper
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for your help 

Message 10 of 11