Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling on Pixel Fold/business contract

FCorps
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having an extremely frustrating experience after moving our phones from an O2 person to O2 business account with WiFi calling .

We live in a bad signal area and completely rely on WiFi calling for personal and business calls and messages - which worked great on my previous Samsung s20 on O2 personal contract up to the point we changed contracts/sims.

After moving our numbers to a business account (don't even get me started on how frustrating that experience was) and getting new Pixel Fold handsets, WiFi calling has stopped working completely.

I have WiFi calling activated in settings, also 4g calling and it does not want to connect and says 'connect to a wireless network' if I try to make a call. Not sure if there is an indicator that it WiFi calling is working on a pixel fold (Samsung had a WiFi calling symbol) - tried resets, updates, restarts etc

Have had 4 calls with customer services in the last two weeks, each time they say WiFi calling is enabled and they will try to re-add and I should wait 24hrs, restart etc nothing. The last person said they would elevate the problem to a higher department and they will contact me, that was five days ago and so far nothing and no word back on the problem. Tried going into an O2 store and they could not help either and said call customer services as it is a business account. Going round in circles.

Anyone else got any suggestions? As a test I put my new SIM in my old phone ((where WiFi calling previously worked) and it no longer works on that phone so I can only assume it is a problem on the network/SIM side of things.

Basically about to cancel our contract as I am out of ways of fixing this and it is affecting our business now as well. Customer services is quite frankly - absolutely atrocious - especially on the business side with at least an hour wait every time I have called.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10283 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@FCorps 

I have  calling on a Pixel Fold, it was just instant and it will show as scrolling text when you scroll down. on the status bar.. 

From experience on the Enterprise side, when we move users numbers to us from o2 to o2, we have found the following works.. 
Ask Customer Services to completely remove wifi calling from the number, wait 48 hours then call up again and ask them to add it back on to the number, and so far 9 out of 10 times it has worked. 

Call customer services on 8002 which is dedicated Business CS

Good Luck... 

Although I do wonder why if you have no signal at home you didn't just move to a network that offers signal where you are..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

FCorps
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh  Thanks for your reply. The reason with sticking with O2 is it is one of the few networks we get here and has been working fine up to this point.

Will try and suggest they remove the WiFi and wait. No-one has suggested it yet on their end, they have been removing and reapplying. Although another hours wait for customer services is daunting...

When you say scrolling text on the status bar - you mean when making a call?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10283 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@FCorps 

No, it is there when not on a call... if you swipe down from the top of the screen, you will see it says "o2-uk WiFi Calling"

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There has been a few issues with Pixels reported lately since the last update

Seems to have broken O2's delicate systems

Perhaps a carrier update needed

Message 5 of 5