cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I no longer able to get WhatsApp messages if I'm not at home?

Patrick54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In the last couple of weeks I have been unable to receive text messages or emails when I'm out.  When I return home they then become available.  Has O2 downloaded software that has changed my settings or is there another reason why this is happening?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36532 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

Assuming you have a WiFi connection at home, WhatsApp and Email need a good data signal when out of the house to work - check and reset your network settings  correctly for the type of service you use, either Contract or PAYG, and mobile type, either Android or iPhone: https://www.lifewire.com/what-does-reset-network-settings-do-5184073

Also then check your WiFi Calling preference is set to Mobile network first:

1000006573.png

If still no luck, contact O2 via 202 if Contract, 4445 if PAYG - around 08:10am is a good time to call. Or reach O2 via Twitter or Facebook using the Social Media link link just below this post. Good luck, @Patrick54.

Message 2 of 5

Patrick54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was moved from Virgin to O2 about 6 weeks ago. I've talked to O2 and they're sending me a new sim which should resolve the problem.  Don't know why they didn't send one when the move happened as the guy I spoke to said this was a known problem

Message 3 of 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36532 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

That you were a VM customer who has recently been moved to O2, yes, that might explain it. Hopefully the replacement SIM will slot right in and have you back and fully connected when out and about, @Patrick54 - good luck!

Message 4 of 5

DeeDee7
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And here was me thinking something was wrong with me! Nice to know that they are aware of this issue and have said NOTHING! Considering I was quite content being with Virgin I’m overly annoyed 

Message 5 of 5