Did you mean: 

What a weird fault !!!!!!

Keeth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Gurus,

Here's a fault for you to sip a coffee over please.

Both my wife and I are using O2. She has an Apple Iphone 12 and I have a Nokia G20 running android 11. Both up to date.

I can ring or answer a call to anyone without issue.

My wife can also ring or answer a call to anyone without issue.

However if I ring my wife, when she answers, she can't hear my voice and only hears white noise, but I can hear her voice perfectly.

By now, she knows it's me calling and so rings me back and both of us hear each other perfectly.

If I immediately call a different number in order to check, there is no problem with anyone else.

It is only applicable to a call to my wifes  phone.

So what about that then Gurus ?.................Any ideas please coz I'm stumped on this one.

Regards,

Keith

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Get her to check her correct number is stored in the phone's memory

settings >> Phone >> my number

Edit if necessary, save and reboot the iPhone

Message 2 of 31

Keeth
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou for the reply, i'll get her to check tomorrow, however if her number was not stored correctly in her Iphone wouldn't that  affect anyone who calls her not just me ?

Regards

Keeth

Message 3 of 31

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Keeth 

Hmmmm, real strange one.

Her stored phone number only affects her outgoing imessages and facetime so it's unlikely the cause, but worth checking in any case.

Does the same issue occur if you manually dial her number rather than calling it up from your contacts?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 31

Keeth
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info,

She first checked that her number was correctly inserted in her phone as requested previously and it was.

Even stranger things this morning. I rang her number via the touchpad as suggested and she heard my voice clear as a bell. I then rang her via my contacts and my favourites list and again she heard me clear as a bell.

So as things stand this morning all is well, but neither of us have changed any settings so we will see what happens as the day goes on.

I'll report back later.

Thanks again for the advice so far, but I have a feeling...in the words of 

Arnold Schwarzenegger     " I'll be back "

Regards

Keeth

Message 5 of 31

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

Small progress at least @Keeth wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 31

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Keeth
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well so far so good, My wife reports that audio from me is loud and clear but we have no idea why it's now working after many weeks of it not.

I'll keep in touch if things change.

Regards

Keeth

Message 8 of 31

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Keeth
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well well  here we go again,  out we go shopping, i'm at one end of the car park she's close by,

I ring her to see where she is and she can't hear my voice again.

I spot where she is and stand by the side of her, I ring her number, she answers but she cannot hear me again. She rings me and all is ok. I ring her again and she cannot hear me.

How do I determine what is at fault here ?. Is it my phone, her phone, network issue or whatever.

I can ring anyone else, no problem and so can she.

Got to get to the bottom of this weird fault somehow.

Regards again,

Keeth

Message 10 of 31