Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt

Carolyn1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm confused. I have been with both o2 and Virgin Media for many years. Looking at the renewal of our Virgin Media package recently I came across 'Volt'. Initially I was told by Virgin Media that I could take their Volt Package, including the o2 sim and that they could apply the benefit, then cancel it out. This because I was already a customer of o2.  I therefore assumed that I would register for Volt with o2 and that my o2 contract would be totally unaffected. I further assumed that our Virgin monthly fee would exclude the o2 aspect of the package. When I contacted Virgin again to agree to the new package I was told a different story - this time that I would get the o2 sim and that I would have to contact o2 to have my mobile number transferred to the new sim. I was told that we would be charged the full package price, including Volt, which would mean that I was effectively paying twice for my o2 plan. I have to go back one again to Virgin but, in the meantime I logged on to my o2 account and activated Volt there. However, although no mention was made of it at the time, I found when logging on today that I was not able to take advantage of Volt through o2 as Virgin was not available for our address. How can that be if we are already Virgin Media customers?

Also, what is o2's understanding of the application of Volt bearing in mind that Virgin are advertising the fact that one can register with Volt with either o2 or Virgin? Many thanks and I hope you can clarify matters for me from o2's point of view.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Carolyn1 

You didn't need another O2 contract, that's Virgin doing their usual upselling lies.

Main volt thread here, the not available at your address is a common nonsense statement.

Volt Megaguide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Carolyn1 

You didn't need another O2 contract, that's Virgin doing their usual upselling lies.

Main volt thread here, the not available at your address is a common nonsense statement.

Volt Megaguide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Carolyn1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for that and I am going back to Virgin Media yet again to try to sort out.

The issue of Virgin Media not being available at my address was on the o2 site though, hence the added confusion bearing in mind that I've been a Virgin media broadband user for years.

I was hoping to get a comment regarding this from o2 really.

Message 3 of 3