Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Burnsy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi my vm settings have mysteriously changed since o2 merger on my samsung galaxy s8 fone , when i press the vm symbol.it now asks me to key in my mobile number followed by star key or hash key , cant remember which one , but when i do that its says ,we dont recognise your number and hangs up on me. Also the vm icon is permanently displayed on my fone now like i have a message waiting 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Burnsy 

You need to change the default voicemail number to 901 in your phone settings first. 
To clear the stuck message you need to call your number from another phone and leave a voicemail. Then listen to it on your phone and delete it. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Burnsy 

See guide here Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 8

Burnsy
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you , however ive recently moved over from Virginmedia to O2 , my VM has always been switched on and displayed an icon on my home screen of my fone when i received a message , previously i jusy need to hit that button to retrieve my messages but for some strange reason , when i hit the vm button icon its now asking me to key in my fone number , but then comes back and says , we dont recognise this number , Goodbye🙄 and hangs up . Also the same when i hold down the number 1 on my keypad it does same thing .

It also is permanantly displaying the vm icon on my fone although i know theres no messages there . Only way i seem to get into it now is by dialling 901 . Any suggestions how i get rid of vm icon when i dont have a message . Ive tried restarting my fone but it still pops up 🙄

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Burnsy 

You need to change the default voicemail number to 901 in your phone settings first. 
To clear the stuck message you need to call your number from another phone and leave a voicemail. Then listen to it on your phone and delete it. 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 8

Burnsy
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

"You need to change the default voicemail number to 901 in your phone settings first."

Thank you , Ive managed to clear the messsage now , not sure how i would change the vm default number sorry ☹️

Message 5 of 8

Burnsy
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5

HI MI5

Ive manged to do it with the help of Google , Thanks for your help and time to reply 😉

Message 6 of 8

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6793 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

On Android open the phone dialer

Press the three buttons at the top then select Settings

Scroll down to Voicemail and select

Where it says Voicemail Number type in 901 then exit

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Burnsy wrote:

Hi MI5

HI MI5

Ive manged to do it with the help of Google , Thanks for your help and time to reply 😉

You're welcome @Burnsy 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 8