Did you mean: 

[Video Guide] Extend your ring time

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

Our O2 staff member, Ann-Marie is here to show you how to extend the ring time of an incoming call. If you're always caught scrambling about ti find your phone when a call comes in, or you just need extra time to vet it or to get ready to accept it, then this one's for you.

We also have a fantastic Guide:How to Lengthen Ringtime on any O2 Mobile from @jonsie on doing this, if you'd prefer text-based instructions rather than a video guide.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122367 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chris_K 

Guide:How to Lengthen Ringtime on any O2 Mobile 

We already have a guide by @jonsie 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Chris_K 

Guide:How to Lengthen Ringtime on any O2 Mobile 

We already have a guide by @jonsie 

Thanks for keeping me honest Cleoriff. I've added this on the original post, giving folk options - some may prefer a video guide, whereas others may prefer and find following text-based instructions easier (like me, actually).

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122367 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good idea @Chris_K thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Maybe copy and paste the other bits re:voicemail and wifi calling and then scrap the other, no need for two.

Message 5 of 15

MANSO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Have watched video yi extend ring time, switched off boicemail and wi-fi calling entered code and does NzozT work?

Message 6 of 15

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6268 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

@MANSO  See my reply to your other thread

@Chris_K Can we mention that on some phones WiFi Calling has to be disabled on O2 systems first

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 15

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It does mention in the guide that wifi calling may need to be turned off if the code doesn't work

Perhaps it should be made clear that customer service need tto do this on the system their end

@Martin-O2?

Message 8 of 15

MartW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why is it so short in the first place? 15s is a stupidly short time. I use my phone for business and don't appreciate having customers getting diverted to voicemail when I could have answered the phone if the ring was a reasonable length.

Message 9 of 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@MartW wrote:

Why is it so short in the first place? 15s is a stupidly short time. I use my phone for business and don't appreciate having customers getting diverted to voicemail when I could have answered the phone if the ring was a reasonable length.

30secs max in 5sec increments - have you checked the Guide:How to Lengthen Ringtime on any O2 Mobile guide, @MartW?  The guide has been updated to make sure you disable Wifi Calling on both your handset and in your MyO2 (web view):

pgn_0-1677410219134.png

Then the codes in the guide should work, and when you are all set with the duration etc, switch the Wifi/4G calling feature back on in your MyO2 and toggle it back on in the handset settings, @MartW - good luck!

Message 10 of 15