Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor signal.

RogerDodger
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have experienced poor signals in my premises from the local cell transmitter over the last few months.  I changed SIM cards and also phones in an attempt to narrow down the problem, but neither of these solved anything.  Currently, my RCRP figure is -120 dBm and RSRQ is -15, which is generally considered very poor.  Ookla records Downstream speed of 0.47 Mbps with Upstream at 0.14 Mbps.  My local cell transmitter is about 1 Km away, and a surface elevation profile reveals clear line of site other than a few trees.  This is a rural location with virtually no buildings in between.

Should I not expect a better signal for this kind of distance?  Whilst I expect the masonry of building walls to attenuate the RF signals, I’m not living inside a faraday cage! I have complained several times to O2, but they don’t appear to be taking the problem seriously.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6639 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

Have a look at this and see if anything helps

Also download the My Network App and use it to monitor and report the situation

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Also consider using 4G Calling at home

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

The nearness of a mast does not guaraneed a strong signal.

In the end trying PAYG SIM cards from other networks and choosing the network that gives you the best reception may be your only answer 

Do not rely on coverage maps!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2