Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slwo 4G

Patrician
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have very poor 4G using O2 at the moment; I have a pay as you go SIM in my phone as well (it's a dual SIM OnePlus) and get much better speeds through the EE SIM.  So same phone, same location and same mast. But with O2 I get 1.04 Mbps down and 0.68 Mbps upload; whereas with EE I get 33.4 Mbps down and 7.29Mbps upload.

As previously stated this is on the same phone, from the same location and therefore the same mast; this, therefore must be an O2 issue and not a mast, busy cell or device issue.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Patrician 

O2 and EE don't share masts (or at least the backhaul from the same mast) so this "issue" will be with the O2 infrastructure and tbh, it's not an uncommon complaint.

Try using 3g to see if it's faster and if so, it points to congestion which you can do nothing about.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Patrician
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply; if it is congestion as you suggest I'll have to change provider as O2 4G is useless to me most of the time.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

As indeed you should.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4