Did you mean: 

VOLTE aka 4G Calling on S20 5G

Neilr100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone else had this problem?

On Virgin, I always had the VoLTE icon when 4G or 5G was on.  Since they moved me to O2, VoLTE has never been on. I've spoken to O2 several times, done all they've asked, and they've raised support calls but nothing ever changes.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144867 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Neilr100 

Others have had the same problem and asking O2 to remove and reinstate wifi calling has worked.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Neilr100
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for this advice.  I have now tried it; O2 support say they have done it but unfortunately it has not fixed the problem.

Message 3 of 17

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6746 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

If memory serves me right ex Virgin Customers were brought over on the older billing system and it also needs turning on in My O2 and then the phone.

I'm on the new system but I'm sure someone will tell you how to find it in My O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 144867 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Neilr100 

Check your MyO2 now

wifi on.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 17

Neilr100
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you both.

Both WiFI Calling and 4G Calling are shown as switched on in MyO2 and in my phone, but the VoLTE symbol never appears in the status area of the phone.

FYI when I first raised this with O2 support after being switched from Virgin to O2 (using my original Virgin SIM), they did have to switch on either or both (can't remember exactly, it was months ago).  One agent who looked at the issue sent me a new O2 SIM 'just in case that's the problem' but again that made no difference.

Message 6 of 17

Enlli
  • 6746 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

On O2 I never get a VoLTE symbol as I do with EE.

To check if it is working make sure WiFi is off then make a call ( voicemail will do) if VoLTE is working the phone will stay on 4G (LTE). If not it will drop to 3G

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 144867 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

Or turn on airplane mode and then connect to wifi and try to make a call.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

Ninko85
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Neilr100 I've been having this exact problem since being moved from Virgin media!

It took so much effect just to get O2 to get WiFi calling working as it used to on virgin, but no matter what 4g calling has never worked since moving over!

Did you ever get yours sorted?

Message 9 of 17

Enlli
  • 6746 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

@Ninko85If you have VoLTE 4G Calling should be working. When you make a call does your signal indicator stay on 4G or does it drop to 3G?

As it is 4 months you might need to tag @Neilr100 to see if they respond.

Message 10 of 17