Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using *#62# to see call forwarding status yields an unknown number

jobby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My partner is a paranoid old soul, so she looked up how to see the call forwarding status of her phone and when she did it came up with a number ending *078. 

I did it on my own phone, and it yielded a number ending *901, which seems to be the long form of O2's voicemail number.  Googling the number on her phone gives no results, but dialling it leads to her voicemail, so my thoughts are either that it is indeed another O2 voicemail longform number, or someone has indeed been forwarding her calls, but their phone is off so it's bouncing back to her vm box.

Can anyone advise either way?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@jobby 

It sounds most likely that calls have been forwarded to the other number at some point in time and not reset.

What do you get for *#67# and *#61# ?

If unsure, just dial ## 002 # to cancel all diverts then dial 1750 to turn on and rest voicemail.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6624 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

It's the long form number for Voicemal

Start 078 and ends 901

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

jobby
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The number she gets ENDS *078.

Message 3 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6624 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Can't see anyone changing all the call forwarding. 

Leave her phone on then ring it from yours. Let it ring, if it goes to voicemail then there is not a problem and it is a technical glitch

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@jobby 

It sounds most likely that calls have been forwarded to the other number at some point in time and not reset.

What do you get for *#67# and *#61# ?

If unsure, just dial ## 002 # to cancel all diverts then dial 1750 to turn on and rest voicemail.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @jobby were you able to get this worked out?

Message 6 of 7

jobby
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I had already disabled call forwarding, and I have reset it as per MI5's reply.  The correct number now appears on the MMI pop up, so it is resolved in that respect.

I would still like to know what the number is and where it came from.  Dialling it now still leads to my partner's voicemail.

Message 7 of 7