Did you mean: 

Urgent Help Needed with O2 Billing Issue

Doris000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello O2 Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out here because I've been facing a frustrating issue with my O2 account, and I'm seeking your assistance and advice.

Here's the situation: In June, I used my boyfriend's bank card to top up my O2 account with £10 as a one-time payment, and I did not select any recurring payment option. However, for the past two months, instead of deducting £10 from my account balance, O2 has been charging my boyfriend's bank card.

On 3rd, I contacted O2 customer service for help. The representative changed my plan to "pay as you go" and immediately deducted £10 from my account balance. They assured me that there would be no further deductions from my boyfriend's card. But, to my dismay, on the 4th of this month, another £10 was deducted from his card, despite the fact that I had already removed all bank cards from my O2 account.

I've spent 2 hours on the phone with customer service, but the issue remains unresolved. I'm at a loss as to why this is happening and how I can effectively resolve it. I've even considered porting my number to a different network, but I'm concerned that the problem will persist and continue to charge my boyfriend's account.

I kindly request your help and advice on how to address this matter. Has anyone experienced a similar issue, and if so, how did you resolve it? Your insights and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm feeling quite frustrated and stuck in this situation.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Best regards,
Kathy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23271 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3700 Solutions

@Doris000 You'll have to persist with customer service.

If you haven't done so before, speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Chrissiealone
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm not a technical person, but when I finished with Three I not only stopped the payments in the app, I also went to my banking app on my phone and blocked any future payments being made from them via the banking app. 

After that if 02 want to charge you anything from his account they would have to contact you for payments.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145256 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27889 Solutions

@Doris000 

You have been changed to a rolling plan, hence the monthly deductions.

You need to switch back to a big bundle PAYG.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 7

Doris000
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the solution you have provided!

I have called customer service twice and I will try to contact Payment Management Team again.

thank you very much!

Message 5 of 7

Doris000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your response. Yes, I had previously set up a rolling plan for monthly payments on the 4th, but this month, on the 3rd, I switched back to the £10 for 7GB pay-as-you-go plan and the payment was deducted that same day. Logically, there should have been no further £10 charge for the rolling plan on the 4th. However, on the 4th, another £10 was deducted from my boyfriend's account. This means I spent £20 this month but only received 7GB of data. Calling customer service was a lengthy and inefficient process. I truly hope they support email requests for this matter.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145256 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27889 Solutions

There is no email address @Doris000 

You need to call 4445 or contact via social media.

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 7