Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

Ray4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm thinking of upgrading from monthly sim only plan to getting a new phone with new plan. Do I still need to pay for sim only plan as well as new plan if I upgrade?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Ray4 

It depends if you are eligible...ie been on Sim only for 3 months or more.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and-... 

• If you are an Eligible Customer, and you accept all of the terms and conditions of the Offer listed here, we will allow you to end your existing Pay Monthly Sim Only contract early and upgrade.
  • Before you can end your existing contract under this Offer you must:
    1. Take out a new 24 month term O2 Refresh tariff consisting of a Device Plan and an Airtime Plan on our standard Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement; and
    2. Understand and agree that if you change your mind you won't be able to go back to your previous Sim Only tariff. However, you'll still have the right to change your mind about the device or cancel completely as set out in paragraph 8 below.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you are able to upgrade in My O2 @Ray4  you pay only the new plan and tariff. Your present sim only is cancelled

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Ray4 

It depends if you are eligible...ie been on Sim only for 3 months or more.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and-... 

• If you are an Eligible Customer, and you accept all of the terms and conditions of the Offer listed here, we will allow you to end your existing Pay Monthly Sim Only contract early and upgrade.
  • Before you can end your existing contract under this Offer you must:
    1. Take out a new 24 month term O2 Refresh tariff consisting of a Device Plan and an Airtime Plan on our standard Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement; and
    2. Understand and agree that if you change your mind you won't be able to go back to your previous Sim Only tariff. However, you'll still have the right to change your mind about the device or cancel completely as set out in paragraph 8 below.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ray4 

If you were previously on refresh and then upgraded to a sim only when the refresh contract ended, you can upgrade again to a full refresh contract at anytime regardless of the length of time on sim only.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4