Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded my SIM Only Contract.

Flint
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I've upgraded my SIM only Contract to a tablet device. Since then I'm unable to make or receive calls from that number. I need that number as it's my primary number from many years. Is there any way that I could move my number to PAYG and continue the device contract with new number. Please suggest me any other solutions. Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Flint 

The only way is to pay off the device plan and switch the number to a sim only or PAYG tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Flint
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just got the device today. Can I cancel the contract and return the device without paying anything?
Message 3 of 7

Flint
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just got the device today. Can I cancel the contract and return the device without paying anything? I'm on a refresh tariff
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
You can cancel under the change of mind policy but doing that you would lose the number.
Best option is to call first thing to see if the number can be transferred back for you.
Then if you still want to cancel you are still within the 14 day return period.
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Flint 

When you return and cancel an upgrade under the change of mind policy you should be reverted to your original tariff, if it's still available, or at least another similar phone tariff, which would enable you to use your SIM in a phone again.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/our-change-of-mind-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Flint

Just so you are aware when upgrading to a tablet device you move to a data only contract, which removes all voice services and sms send as well.

Hence you are unable to make or receive calls.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 7