Did you mean: 

Upgrade queries

Wags
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

this is probably a simple solution yet I’m making a meal out of it I think so would be really appreciated if someone could explain. 
I’ve upgraded keeping with same network and still have my old phone. I’m still using it but will be giving it to my son when new one up and running. I would like to know the easiest way I keep my number with the new SIM card as I’m being told I need a PAC code. I assume I will then need to buy him a new sim and he will get a new number? 
Any help is greatly appreciated. 
Many thanks 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wags 

You can get your old phone unlocked (if it even is locked) to use any network sim Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

or just get an O2 sim if it's easier..

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wags 

You need to use your old sim in your new phone or do a sim swap to use the new 5g sim that will come with the phone Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Either way, you will need a new sim for your son to use in your old phone.

Contracts https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals

PAYG https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Wags
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 
you legend!! I’m on it!! I did see sim swap when I was looking for help but didn’t understand as it was more set out for people moving from another network to O2. I assume for his phone it will need to be an O2 sim. Many thanks for your help!!

Wags_0-1637612184683.png

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wags 

You can get your old phone unlocked (if it even is locked) to use any network sim Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

or just get an O2 sim if it's easier..

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Wags
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

Yes it is locked. I assume it doesn’t do it automatically being out of contract. I’ll have a look at that link too. I’ll do whatever is easiest lol. Once again, many thanks and stay safe too!!👍🏻

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You too mate 👍

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6