Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Miss-sold Business Account Help

Help23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was looking into upgrading my current phone as I am passed due.
It only occurred to me after searching the O2 shop that I think I was miss-sold my phone on a business account. I assume that this was because they would get a better commission.
But where does that leave me?
I don't want to pay extra for a business account when I don't need one.
What can I do?
Someone please help me.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Help23 

If you look in My O2 at your upgrade options you need to choose from the personal account section

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones#sort=content.sorting.featured&page=1 

Or you can go instore and and explain you no longer want a business account, you are ready to upgrade and want to do this on a consumer/personal contract.

You could also choose the phone you want from the shop link I've given above and call O2 on any of the numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support

Press upgrade to get you through. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Help23
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It seems that it would be cheaper to buy a new contract (personal) for the phone I was looking at than to upgrade my business account.
Message 3 of 6

Help23
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I want to keep my mobile number. Is this possible if I started a new contract and cancelled my current?
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Help23 

You don't need to upgrade your business account. I've given you advice above about upgrading to a personal/consumer contract.

If you have the opportunity tomorrow to go instore that would be your best bet. Or call O2 on the numbers in the guide above.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Help23 wrote:
I want to keep my mobile number. Is this possible if I started a new contract and cancelled my current?

Yes you can keep your number. You would need to ask O2 to migrate it across to your new contract.

However, I still think you would get a better deal by upgrading to a personal contract.

Also, rather than upgrading yourself online and to make sure you get the best deal, you should speak to O2 either via phone or by going instore.

This way, you can make sure you do not go onto another business contract.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6